20

*Chapter Twenty*

-Ethans POV-

We all sit down at dinner, Alexander next to me. Esme reaches for the food first, placing some on her plate then passes it to Lyle. Lyle does the same, passing it to me. We do this until everyone has food on their plate.

As we begin to eat, Lyle keeps giving Alexander and I a look. The look is most certainly not a kind one either.

"Since when were you gay." He finally speaks up.

Alexander looks up to meet his fathers eyes, but still doesn't say a word.

"Speak son. Since when were you gay."

"I don't know." Alexander speaks quietly.

He is scared of his father. Lyle does seem to have an old fashioned way of thinking, which means he is probably homophobic.

"We do not tolerate homosexuality in this house!" Lyle speaks louder.

Alexander flinches and looks down at his plate. I place my hand on his knee under the table so only Alexander and I know. He puts his hand on mine and squeezes lightly.

"Lyle, dear. He can't control whom he loves." Esme speaks up quietly.

"No one told you to speak, Esme." He glares at her.

Talk about abusive much.

"And you." He points at me. "You should not have this kind of freedom. You should be dead by now."

"Don't speak to him like that." Alexander looks up at his father.

"You should have killed him! He is no friend! He a human. He has confused you. You need to find a girl!"

"Lyle thats enough!" Esme yells.

I never knew such a quiet woman was capable of screaming at her husband. Remembering I have food, I slowly eat with my free hand.

"Both of you, get out of my house." Lyle speaks slowly.

"This isn't your house." Esme looks at him.

"I don't care. I will get the papers legally changed. I will do whatever it takes to keep gays out of my home!" He yells, slamming his fist on the table.

Finally, I've had enough. I stand up, grabbing Alexanders hand and face him. Putting my arms around his neck, I kiss him deeply. It takes him a few seconds to respond but his hands finds their way to my hips and he kisses my back.

Sadly, he breaks the kiss and looks at his father. Lyle looks like his eyes are going to pop out of place. While Esme is simply smiling.

"You are a literal piece of shit and if you weren't a vampire I'd kill you. But I hope someone gets around to it because you deserve to rot in hell." I spat at Lyle and grab Alexanders hand, leading him to the door. "Have a good night Esme!"

"Good night dear. Come again soon." She yells.

Alexander and I walk out the front door and I finally let go of him.

"I'm sorry.. about my father." Alexander looks down. He seems shy, and vulnerable.

"I don't care, he's a douche." I smile at Alex.

"I can drive you to your house but I should come back home after." Alex goes to the drivers side of the car and gets in.

I get in the car as well and close my door. I need to get his mothers number.

Pulling out my phone I leave it in my hand but I slowly reach for his phone. When I have his phone, I place it on top of mine and turn it on. No password, how convenient.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks.

"Playing a game." I quickly open one of his games.

"Which one?" He looks over slightly.

"Uh. Rise up." I say, recognising the game.

"Cool. I have that one too." Alexander faces the road again.

I smile silently. Yeah because its your phone.

I go to his contacts and find Esme's name. I turn my phone on from behind his and slide it on top. Typing in my password I go to my contacts and mute Alexander so my phone wont vibrate. I slide my phone back behind his and lock mine again,

Then I tap on her contact and send the number to my phone. After checking it said 'delivered' I turn off his phone and slowly place it back where it was and I put my phone on my lap.

"Bored already?" He asks.

I nod quietly.

"Good. Cause we're here." He parks the car.

"See you tomorrow?" I ask.

He nods. I smile and open the door, holding my phone. Getting out, I close the door behind me and walk inside. And as I make my way upstairs, I look back to confirm that Alexander has already taken off back home.

Opening my phone I text Esme.

((A/N i apologise for the mess this is going to be.))

Ethan: Hey, Esme? Its Ethan.

Esme: Oh! Hi Ethan. Is something wrong?

Ethan: Not exactly. I was hoping we could discuss something real quick.

Esme: Sure! What is it?

Ethan: Alexander. I was wondering if maybe he could move in with me? Lyle is way homophobic and I can see how uncomfortable Alexander is around him.

Esme: I think we could manage that. It would be nice for all the kids to be out of the house finally.

Ethan: Great! Don't mention it to Alexander though, please! I'd like it to be a surprise. I just need to figure out how to get his things here without him noticing.

Esme: I'll be sure to keep him busy but away from your home and mine. And I'll drive over with the car and then we can drive back and you can use the car back and forth. I won't say a word to him!

Ethan: Thank you so much Esme!

Esme: Anytime dear. Get some sleep, you have a long day ahead of you now.

Ethan: Goodnight.

And with that, I was left on read. I realise, while I was texting, I had made it inside my home.

So Alexander is going to move in. Possibly. What if he doesn't like it and wants all of his stuff moved back in with Esme and Lyle? I'll have to pray he likes it and wants to live with me.

I hope this is what is best for him, too.

**A/N ANOTHER UPDATE THE NEXT DAY BAM IM ON A ROLL. So Lyle is a homophobic dick. Esme is a sweet woman that will probably be willing to kick Lyles ass if needed. And turns out Alex is scared of his dad. Great times, huh?   Xoxo Kat **