21

*Chapter Twenty one*
~One week later~
-Alexanders POV-

Ethan has been almost avoiding me. He makes up excuses as to why I can't be at his house. My own mother tells me she is doing a surprise in my room so I have to stay in Ethan's old room. And during the day she gives me a list of things I need to do which are all away from the house.

It's like Ethan hates me and my mother is super serious about whatever surprise this is. And in all honesty, I miss hanging out with Ethan. I miss his jokes and how easily excitable he is. Just him in general.

What hurts even more is that all of this is right after we had sex and then my father freaked out about homosexuality. What it he doesn't want to hang around me due to my father? And what if he just used me for sex, to prove a point of some kind.

Ethan doesn't seem like that type of person but you never know. People do weird things to prove a point.

I walk through the front door of my home, using my forearm to wipe the thick layer of sweat off of my forehead.

"Ma." I yell out.

"Oh Alexander!" She smiles brightly at me.

"I'm done mowing the lawn and rearranging your stuff in the garage." I sigh as I recall all of the things collapsing at once.

"Good. Because your surprise is finally ready."

Before she can speak again I begin racing upstairs. I've been waiting for this for a freaking week and its time to finally see why I've had to do chores so much.

As I race into my room, nothing is there. Everything is gone. Completely empty.

"Surprise?" She says quietly.

"Where is my stuff?" I quickly turn to her in a panic.

"There's obviously another part to the surprise. But that requires a blind fold." She smiles suspiciously.

"I don't like where this is going.." I trail as we begin walking back downstairs.

When we get to the car and I sit in my spot, she pulls a blind fold out of her pocket and begins tying it around my eyes.

We drive for what feels like a while but it probably wasn't very long.

"Alright get out. Don't take off the blind fold."

I hear her door slam. As I go to open my door, it's already open.

"Out, out." My mothers voice speaks but sounds slightly distant.

A hand rests on my arm and slowly pulls me towards them. My heart flutters as I inhale the familiar scent.

Ethan.

"Ethan?" I question, my voice coming out weaker than usual.

The hand quickly pulls back. Fear. It is him. I'm not supposed to know.

"Not Ethan, dear. It's. Uh. Your father." My mother stutters.

The hand grabs me again, gently.

A door slams behind me and we begin walking.

"Stairs." My mother speaks.

And our walk up the flights of stairs begins.

"Am I going to like this surprise?" I ask.

"We hope so." My mom whispers.

"Why isn't dad talking." I smile slightly to myself.

"He.. doesn't have anything to say." I hear the slight panic in her voice.

I hear the familiar slight creek of Ethans front door. They push me forward a bit and then turn me in some direction and now I officially have no idea which way I'm facing.

"Take a couple steps forward and then take it off." Mom speaks slowly.

I follow their directions, taking a couple steps forward and then I slowly take the blind fold off.

When I open my eyes, I quickly look around. All of my stuff is there. My bed. My nightstand. The tv I had hooked up. The dvd player. All of my pictures. The only thing missing is my dresser but there's a closet to make-up for that.

I turn around to look at both Ethan and my mother. Ethan looks at me, searching for some kind of emotion. But I can also see the slight joy of him being able to see me.

"So..?" My mother speaks slowly.

I walk straight to Ethan and pull him into a tight hug. Almost instantly he responds, pulling me into him.

"I've missed you so much." I whisper to him.

"I've missed you too." He whispers back.

"I'm going to leave now." My mom speaks behind us, smiling slightly.

I let go of Ethan and look at her. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome dear." She smiles and leaves.

When I go back to look at Ethan, he's on the couch. I run over to him, not full force, and pounce on him.

"Oi." He yelps as a land.

"Hihihihihi." I smile and wrap my arms tightly around him.

"Hello." He smiles back at me.

"Thank you, for my room."

"You're welcome. I thought I'd do it, due to your father. Plus, it's nice having you around." He runs his hands through my hair.

The comfort of people running their fingers through my hair. It's something I've always enjoyed and probably always will.

I am thankful to have Ethan in my life and for all that he has done for me.

// A/N
SHORT CHAPTER BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THIS CHAPTER ABOUT ALEXANDERS REACTION SO LIKE YEAH. ALSO SORRY IF THERES ANY ERRORS MY COUSIN WAS SCREAMING DURING THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER. Xoxo Kat \\