17

*Chapter seventeen*

-Ethan's pov-

Looking over at Alexander, he also looks at me. His eyes glazed over as if his feelings have been blocked off. I get that look sometimes too.

I look away but back at my mother and smile as we start walking to the trail.

"So tell me everything" she grins.

"There's not much to tell. Alexander bought me, brought me to his home. I met his family, went shopping for things I need and then really just getting my own apartment." I say.

Looking around, I spot Alexander behind us. Juliets hand tangled with his, as she smiles adoringly at him. My little sister has a crush on him.

Alexander looks at me and we make eye contact. He gives me an awkward smile, his eyes widening a bit as a plead of help.

"Juliet. Stop starring at Ethans friend." My mom scolds her.

"But he's cuteeeee!" She whines.

My mouth drops. I look up from her, to Alexander. He's smirking at me. I blush quickly and roll my eyes.

"Lets keep walking." I suggest, noticing we had stopped.

"My nephew really likes Ethan." Alexander speaks up, coming beside me but talking to my mom.

"Oh?" She asks.

"Yeah. One night Astor was really upset and out of all people, even me, he went to Ethans room. That is, when Ethan lived in my home."

"That's sweet." She smiles, looking between the two of us.

"They have almost an instant bond." Alexander looks at me, smiling. A sincere smile.

"Shut up this stuff doesn't matter." I sigh almost dramatically.

Alexander rolls his eyes and instead of looking at any of us, looks forward at the path. I simply shrug and we remain in silence for a while. Honestly, I don't mind sitting in a comfortable silence. There's no need to ruin the moment.

As anyone else would do, we walk along the trail and come out the other end.

After agreeing all of our limbs hurt and we're hungry, I kiss my moms cheek.

"Call me sometime again." She smiles and hugs me tightly.

Juliet hugs my side and I hug her back, best I can in this position.

"It was good to meet you." Alexander smiles and goes to shake my mothers hand but she grabs him and pulls him into a tight hug as well.

He hugs her back and we all smile at each other before parting ways. Alexander and I walk silently back to his car. I kick stones along the side of the road on the way.

We arrive at his car and as I get in, I sink into the soft seat. It feels like I'm on a cloud after walking that much. I really should start walking more if just that hurt.

Alexander sits down as well, letting out a small sigh as he sinks into the drivers seat.

"Can I stay over tonight?" Alexander looks at me.

"I guess." I purse my lips.

But he's sleeping on the couch due to being an ass this morning.

"You should get another bed if this is going to become frequent." He looks down.

"Mm. Well you have the couch for now."

"Yeah.." Alexander says quietly, almost like a whisper.