Chapter 16- Awoken

You awoke to the soft crunch of gravel beneath you. Strong arms wrapped around your body as you were carried bridal style through what seemed to be a garden. Your vision soon cleared and you made out a bloody and pale Haku. The feeling of his chest heaving with each laboured breath.

"Wha-"

"Shush, Y/N save your strength. You're going to need it." he tightened his grip around you as the pain in your leg came back. A slow, pain wrenching throb that flowed through your being. You bit your lip holding back any gasps. You turned your head to see a small house approaching. Haku walked under a lantern and towards the house, the door swinging open and Yubaba stood there, proud as ever. "Ah! children come here quickly, we need to get you fixed up."

Wait. Yubaba wasn't that nice... had something happened?

"Thank you Zeniba, I truly appreciate it." Haku smiled warmly and walked into the house. "Don't worry about it darling, now where is that spirit. NO FACE! Come here quickly!" At that a spirit with a mask glided out from behind a curtain. You curled up into Haku not trusting it, it looked so like the Shadow Spirits...

Haku felt you retract away from the Spirit and made a soft cooing sound. "Don't worry Y/N, that's No Face, he helps Zeniba." he lay you down on a sofa making sure your leg was easy for Yuba- no, Zeniba to access.

But why did Zeniba look so like Yubaba?

"Who IS Zeniba, Haku?" You asked in a hushed tone. He gave a knowing smile and whispered back. "Yubaba's twin, she is a lot kinder." and with that he turned away and sat at a table looking through a stack of papers. Your eyebrows furrowed in wonder for what he was looking through, the expression on his face was that of concern and slight relief. The blood in his shirt was apparent, and the skin around his neck and wrists were raw with the bindings from the Aburaya.

You were drawn out of your trance by Zeniba, she pulled a stool beside the sofa as she had various medical, and magical supplies alike in her lap. "Alright deary, just stay still while we fix you up, hm?" She pulled your skirt up a bit higher to get a full sight of your wound. It was just a bit too high but if she was going to help you...

You could deal with it.

Despite the blush creeping to your cheeks you couldn't help but watch the strange concoction of liquids she was preparing. She mixed and swirled the mixtures together creating a scarlet colour. "This may sting dear so grip onto something." You felt a slight breath of air on your face and looked up to see No Face holding out its hand.

"Ah-" it said shaking its hand. You gripped its hand unsure, and after Zeniba poured the potion on your leg you had to bite back a scream and crushed No Face's hand between yours. "Sorry honey." she said as she moved to grab some bandages. You wiped away the water in your eyes and looked over at Haku who was staring intently at the ordeal. Then it hit you.

How did you get out of the Bathhouse?!

You opened your mouth but we're stopped when Zeniba presses a drink to your lips, forcing you to swallow the cold substance as it entered your mouth.

"What was tha-" and then you were out like a light.

Awaiting to be awoken.

A/N
OMG! 753 READS!?!? I know that doesn't seem like much to so many people but to me that's PHENOMENAL!!! Thanks to all the readers that stayed with me through the story!

You guys are the best❤️

-AA

(edited)