Chapter 18- Answers

You had drank the tea in silence. Sometimes you asked Zeniba to continue her story of the Usotsuki but she always refused saying she had said too much. Haku never left your side, he seemed to always be there.

When Zeniba finished her tea she left the pair of you alone as she headed out into the marsh to retrieve some things for dinner. You stayed sitting, looking at your empty mug. Swirling the contents within, your mind began to wander. What had Zeniba meant? Were you changing completely? It was obvious this new acquired skill of fighting had been learned from the gem.

"Y/N...." Haku said quietly, as if trying not to awake you from a slumber. "Yes?" You replied.

"I-I'm Sorry..." he's what..? After everything he's done, all he can say is sorry. When he pushed you away and into the wall, causing you to faint, that just deserves a sorry? Or when he just left you alone to run the bathhouse, that's just a sorry too?! And how did he get you out of the house in the first place Where does it end!? You shook your head slowly.

"No Haku, this time a sorry isn't going to cut it." you say under your breath.

"Tell me what is... I don't really know what I'm doing here, so I need a bit of help" His piercing blue eyes were begging your deep E/C ones to meet his.

"Answers, I need answers." you reply, in a begrudging way. You should be berating him. But... you just couldn't. Sure you could get mad at him but you weren't able to stay mad. "Right, I can do that." he said nodding to himself. He turned his chair around to face yours and you copied the movements. "Let's start from the beginning, why did you push me away in Yubaba's office? I was only trying to help you." you searched his eyes as he looked back at you. He seemed to give a quick glance around your body. "That spirit, that followed you around. It... it was purely evil Y/N, when you tried to help me it was standing right over you, your eyes changed to black and your features just became... frightening. The moment you touched me it was as if someone had pushed hot iron against my skin. It was using you to get to me." you sat wide eyed at the man before you. His broad shoulders heaved in rhythm with his breathing.

"I-I didn't know... I thought you did it for... other reasons," you say a bit dumbly rubbing your arm in comfort. "What reasons?" He asked a slight bit of hope in his voice. You couldn't tell him... not about the love you felt for him or the protectiveness. Not any of it.

You shook your head ignoring his question and continuing on. "Why did you leave me in the bathhouse and fly away?"

"I had to go find Yubaba to take care of the spirit following you around. She was the only one who could get rid of it, or Zeniba of course." he stayed sitting back in his chair. "In hindsight, I should've come straight here, but I figured getting Yubaba. to return would. end the problem faster."

"Right, well what happened to Yubaba?" He grimaced at this question and his gaze found its way to rest on your thigh where the bandages had some red stains. "She was and still is captured by the Shadow spirits... they have her locked away." He informed you a sad tone to his voice. You nodded and added that to your bucket list of things to do.

"Well we have to get her back, but that's for later. How did you get out of the Bathhouse from the shadows. We were tied up, and I was out-" he cut in mid sentence.

"Easy, No-Face here came to our rescue, he floated up through the building and undid my ropes so I could help you. Then after that he disappeared returned here, and I shifted into a dragon, carried you to the marsh and shifted back so I could walk." he told you matter of-factly. You didn't know how to counter him on that one so you leaned back in your chair. "Well, that's all I can think of..." you say sadly, you had enjoyed your time with Haku and you didn't want it to end. He studied you for a moment and then sighed. "Y/N, what do you know about Dragons?" Well that's a random question.... even for him.

"Not much... they are loyal, strong protective..." you say racking your brain for more facts.
"Exactly, they are protective. Especially of their mates." What had that got to do with any of the things that was going on now?
"Yeah ok... but what has this got to do with everything currently taking place?" You met his gaze and felt something tingle in your chest and mind. It was a warm fuzzy feeling that made you want to jump up and grab him in a hug. You didn't want to leave his side, not now not ever. You felt... bonded to him.

"When you were given the Usotsuki Y/N, you became a dragon. And Dragons can suffer greatly of a thing called Ai..."

"A thing called Love."

A/N
BOOOMMM THE FIRST REAL CHAPTER OF HAKU X READER. But anyways the lovey dovey stuff is just gonna get stronger from here on out....

Anyways till next time!

-AA

(edited)