Chapter 20- Not Again

You ignored the pain in your leg and tried to open the door Haku had closed.

It wouldn't budge.

He locked it.

You heard another crash and a roar which sounded like Haku.

Damn it!

You stood back and shifted. The pain in your leg was horrific and made you want to fall to the ground in a pile of tears. You're stronger than that Y/N. You gather yourself together, steadying you're legs and knees threatening to buckle.

Because you were strong.

You take a few steps back, limping as you charged for the door. You tucked your long neck in and burst through it crashing on the other side. You stand, hobbling down the hall, turning left into the kitchen and met with a sight of Shadows convulsing in towards Haku.

"Where is sheeeeee." what could only be the Leader hissed at Haku in his dragon form. Blood was dripping out of his mouth and his wounds that had healed from the fight with Yubaba all those months ago were reopened. The leader took a menacing step forward, solidifying it's arm into a spear. Your heart raced at the thought of Haku being hurt.

Not when you could stop it.

"I'm right here." you roar, trying to sound stronger than you currently felt. The heads of the shadows swivelled towards you and wide grins spread across their features. "Ahhh, dearest.  Y/N" the Leader moved away from Haku and towards you. Your dragon form was a lot stronger than your human form, but it was still weak with the injury. Haku lifted his great head seeing you in dragon form for the first time. "No, Y/N! Stop! Take me instead of her." He forced himself to stand and lunged for the Shadow. You're frozen to the spot as Haku defends you, a protective and predatory instinct helping him tear down the Leader. He bit into its neck and tore chunks of it away. It was making a screeching sound and writhing around trying to break free. It grew back that spear and tried to swing at him but he pulled out of the way.

A searing pain formed on your chest.

You looked down at the gash across your furry red, black and white skin in shock. The blood began to trickle out as the pain blossomed into something greater. Haku spotted it and his eyes met yours, the corners of your vision darkened and you started to become dizzy.

"What did you do?" His whisper was full of hatred and without any indexation of his next move, Haku tore off the Leaders head. The Shadows body disappeared into the floor boards, never to be found again. You felt your body tipping forward and Haku rushing to your side.
"I'm sorry." a barely audible apology before the world became a bleak, black place.

Haku kicked you again, causing you to gasp winded. "What did I do?" You screamed trying to crawl away. "So, so many things." he smirked and punched your stomach. A brown haired girl appeared behind him. She gives an evil smile and whispers in Haku's ear. He nods, grabbing your arms pulling them behind your back, you felt a popping sensation as the girl came and stabbed a knife right in your hea-

You scream and gasp for air, sitting up at lightning pace making the wound across your chest create a pain like no other. You felt a grip around your now.. human hand tighten. You were pulled into a comforting embrace and a hand rubbing your back. "It's alright Y/N. You're fine." Haku comforts you as you felt the tears fall from your cheeks and sink into his clothes.

Just a dream...

A/N
Mueheheheh... so much drama on the waaaYYyYyYyY! I love me some drama 😁

Anywho hope you guys are enjoying this excuse of a story, my dear Haku is becoming very protective.

He is so loving.

Comment, vote and be happy~

(-Btw if you guys have any fan art let it be Haku by himself or dragon form, I would love to add them into these little author notes-)

-AA

(edited)