Chapter 24- My World

You left Haku behind as you headed down to the water. You descended the steps and stopped just at the edge. You sat down and lowered your bare feet into the cold salty water. Taking a deep breath you laid back looking up at the stars.

You tried to calm down, breathing deep and keeping your eyes closed. Your kimono kept you warm, it had slits up both legs and a bow on the back. Zeniba had assured it was fighting quality, claiming that it was flexible and comfortable.

You hadn't argued.

Someone approached from behind you and sat down beside you. You didn't stir, not really in the mood for interaction.

"You ok?" His voice broke the silence of the night in such a comforting way you couldn't comprehend. You took a deep breath. How could you be? This girl randomly shows up and starts being all touchy feely to Haku and leaves you in the shadows? To say you were ok would be an understatement.

But you were good at hiding your feelings.

People didn't need nor want to know what you felt. Perhaps a small handful but it was a bare minimum. Haku was at the top of the list. He just cared to much.

But he was also oblivious the daring she devil that crept around corners trying to win his heart.

"Yeah I'm fine" you reply, kicking yourself over and over for not telling him the truth. His nose scrunched up in disbelief as he lay down beside you, grabbing your hand in his. The warmth of Hakus hand flooded your body, sending those all to familiar shocks of electricity into your veins. A small smile crept onto your lips as you tightened your hold on his appendage.

"I know your not, love" he said almost in a whisper. As if he was talking to himself, perhaps thinking it aloud.

He probably was.

You stayed quiet, conflicting emotions battling and weaving their way into one another. To be quite honest, you were struggling.

A lot.

Your emotions were ragged things, one moment you were calm and sensible and in a mere second you became a ticking time bomb. It was confusing to say the least, and you just couldn't fathom what was causing such ructions in your wellbeing. You knew it wasn't the crimson wave. It was past that time already. This was... different.

"Where's the girl?" You ask, with as much venom and spite in your usually smooth velvety voice. It made Haku flinch slightly. Not used to hearing you so full of hatred. "Back at the B&B... I got her a separate room" he added the last bit in an almost hopeful tune.

Hah! not tonight Haku.

You chuckled slightly catching up on his dirty little innuendo in his seemingly innocent gesture. You shook your head in amusement. "Your so kind to her" you smirked, anytime you mentioned her or sounded as if you were talking about a racist serial killer. Haku sighed, deeply, making his chest heave up and down in a mesmerizing manner. "Y/N love, she is my friend. I can't help that. I helped her, she helped me. It created a bond. And plus, she won the hearts of spirits around here. I can't stop what they feel for her" he finished. Staring back up at the sky.

"I don't care what they feel for her." You paused for a moment contemplating if you should mouth the next few words. "I want to know what you think of her". He seemed to stop. Stop breathing, stop blinking and stop... existing.

"She's a friend. Nothing more nor nothing less" he rolled over and lifted his leg, placing it the other side of your body. Encasing your being beneath his well sculpted person. "But you. Your my best friend. Your my home. Your my hope, trust and all out love." He leaned down a bit closer, so your lips were brushing off each other's as you spoke.

"Your my world..."

•••

The next morning, you awoke early. Wrapped in Hakus bare arms your forms were pressed flush against each other. Nothing covering you both except the sheets. You scrambled out of his grasp and dressing quickly, you prepared some tea. You stay drinking the warm liquid as you stared out at the bright morning sun. Everyone was asleep and would stay like this for the day.

You just wished you didn't need to start an all out war.

A rustling sound came from the bed and you looked over to see a bare chested Haku rubbing his sleepy eyes. "Morning" he said, his voice husky from the lack of use from sleep.

Or perhaps it was overused from your activities during twilight hours.

He pulled his clothes on and grabbed a cup of tea. Sitting opposite you he smiled and kissed your cheek.

Your world was a hot mess.

And it was only going to get worse.

The door swung open and Chihiro burst in. "Oh, your awake." She said rather dumbly. Haku tightened his grip on your hand as he smiled at Chihiro. "Hey Chi, have a good sleep?" He questioned taking a sip out of his mug. "Yeah, but either there was construction going on last night or the spirits had a awesome party. There was a really loud banging sound..." you snorted on your tea, spitting it over the table as Haku went pale. You stood up at a brisk pace and slammed the cup on the table.

"I'm going to get ready for the attack"

And with that you left the room and hid your face behind your hands, hoping the embarrassment would wear off.

Your world was a true disorganized mess.

A/N
TWO. THOUSAND.

READS.

YALL ARE AMAZING!! I don't know how to thank you!! So please comment and give me some ideas for a thank you something so I can show you how much I aPPrEciAte you!

I also apologize. AGAIN. FOr this being such a boring chapter. I wanted to get a bit of Haku into it.

But oh boy.

The angst

Is coming.

I keep saying it and I'm sorrrryyyyy but it will come I swear. It just has a big build up 😂

I got bored and creates a monstrosity

I got bored and creates a monstrosity. I'll get you bleach.

Anyways,

Cookies and cream,

-AA

P.S. I need your help with something. I'll tell you in next chapters A/N. just please read it cuz I need opinions!!!