Chapter 9

" Goodbye, " I say to Sylvia stepping down from the car before watching the car drive away then enter through the gate.

I really had fun seeing my sister today it brought back old memories, she always knows how to get me on the right track.

I open the door to find Emma running down the stairs towards me before pulling me into her embrace.

"I hope you are not irate with me ?" she asks withdrawing from the embrace with pleading eyes and a pout on her lip.

"no, I know you only want the best for me," I say with a smile.

"I was worried you would be angry with me," she says with a smile" Sylvia was so worried so she asked me to tell her what was going on with you and the baby " she explains with a smile.

"I understand but right now I really need to rest my back, " I say walking towards the stairs.

"Okay, " she calls after me.

I open the door to my room dropping my bag on the reading desk by the bed before checking through my closet for more relaxing clothes.

I decided to change into gray sweatpants and sweatshirts before entering the bathroom, I watch my face with water by the sink to moisturize my face before walking back into the room, pushing the curtains to one side letting the sun rays into the room before laying on the bed as silence envelopes me waiting to welcome sleep as a wide smile appears on my lip.

~~~~~~~~~~
I turn on the bed for a few minutes before deciding to drink water so I made my way downstairs into the kitchen to meet silence.

"It seems no one is home yet" I mumble walking towards the fridge to get a jug of water.

I place the jug on the kitchen table before finding a notepad placed on the table catching my attention finding it to be a message from Emma "my parents sent for me and Damien but we will be back for dinner " I read before placing the notepad back on the table.

I fill an empty glass with water then gulp down the content satisfying my dry throat before checking through the fridge and cabinets for what I can use in preparing dinner.

I decided on preparing spaghetti with chicken and red sauce for dinner, Kate actually taught me my way in the kitchen which is coming useful to me now.

I busy myself preparing the meal after that I entered Chance room to take his dirty clothes, pushing the door open walking towards his lavatory, Chance always has a taste for the best never going for anything less not when he has billions under his name.

I pick up the basket of his dirty clothes close to the sink before leaving his room towards the laundry room

After doing the laundry I kept myself busy doing some research work on my laptop, sitting cross-legged on the couch in the living room with my laptop placed comfortably on my lap and a book and pen placed on the center table in front of me.