Chapter 39

Previously:

"Ladies and gentlemen I brought you all here to announce and present to you my second daughter Shiloh Malia Dante"

Gasp and look of shock fill the hall while I stand stiff not understanding or knowing how to react to this news.

Presently:

I stare bewildered as my Dad pulls me towards him with a wide smile on his lips, he hands the mike to me.

I take the mike from him with a forced smile on my lips before turning towards the bewildered crowd.

I scan the crowd nervously looking for the familiar faces of my friends those who understand me.

I lock my eyes with Emma and Damien standing beside each other, Emma has a look of shock while Damien has a fixed glare on his face directed towards my father.

I avert my gaze from them before locking my eyes to Louis who has a worried look on his face, he tilts his head waiting for my next course of action.

I move my gaze from him before locking eyes with Chance who looks relaxed with a blank face on, our eyes lock together for a few seconds before scanning my eyes over the crowd once again.

I can't do this, I am not ready for this, it just too overwhelming.

My shoulder shake as my breath comes at short and labored feeling panic-stricken, I turn towards my Dad with the mike shaking between my hands as it becomes more difficult to breathe.

"I-I-am s-sorry," I say to him before letting the mike drop to the ground.

I run through the crowd towards the large doors as the echoing sound of the mike hitting the floor, the sound of my heels hitting the floor as I run towards the door in need of an escape, and the loud beating sound of heart echoing loudly in my ears.

I push the heavy door open, I can't run outside because the paparazzi are flocking just outside this hall.

So I let my legs lead me up the stairs by the right side of the hall, I push open the first door reaching up the fall leading into an elegant room, I pull off my mask throwing it across the room.

Not bothering to check the condition of the room I make my way towards the open door of the room leading onto a balcony.

I hold the rail of the balcony while taking in a deep relaxing breath, I let my eyes close enjoying the relaxing sensation of the night breeze blowing sweeping my hair over my face.

"Shiloh are you alright?" Chance asks sounding worried.

Without much thought, I run towards him hugging him tightly as if my life depends on it.

I wrap my hands around his shoulder sobbing while he runs his hand over my back soothing me

I bewail feeling the shock of the news overwhelms me" Relax take in a deep breath" Chance Whispers into my hair before placing a tender kiss on my temple.