Two

He collected himself after a moment of day dreaming. It wasn't the beauty, no he has seen more than what she has but that eyes that held too much innocence has got him. And he will get it sooner rather than later. The whole of her if he may add. His eyes dance of amusement. The sheer thought of ravishing her was a merry to him.

Layla was careful how she walk about in the house. She missed Hajiya's presence in the house. Hajiya has been kind and nice toward her since she started working with them. Ni'imah was also nice and the pay was good. Keeping aside the random gifts she gets from time to time from Hajiya, Ni'imah, or Alhaji himself.

On few occasions when passing by Ni'imah and her friends she heard her mentioned her brother. It seems they were close though he lives in Kano.

Layla was a girl of 17, young, innocent and timid. Her family came from Niger Republic somewhere in Agadez. They later moved to Zaria when she was young. She has 4 siblings and was the first child therefore shouldered with the responsibility of taking care of her family regardless of how young and incapable she was.

She was introduced to Hajiya through her Inna's friend. It was a pathetic thing which Layla hated about her mother which was glorifying the rich. She always look for connections with the rich. Layla always think life would be easier to them if her mother accepted the fact that they didn't belong to those born with silver spoon. But her mom never heed to her. She goes and comes whenever she feels. Her father Abdullah, was a welder and tries his best to take care of his family before he got diabetes. He hardly go out and has to watch as his wife do as she wants.

Had it been he was as strong as he used to be, he would never have agreed to take his daughter away from him to live with people he knows nothing of. Some place he has never been to. But his wife didn't give him a choice.

It has been five months since she joined Hajiya's household and she genuinely like the family and the household. That's if her recent threat Zayyad was removed. She is meek and naive but she knows danger when she sees one. His demeanor and manners oozes danger and Hajiya and Ni'imah has left for 3 days only.

She wanted to go back home tomorrow but she has to tell him since the plan was for her to go home because they didn't know of his arrival.

She eased in the room she was given the day she came to the house. It was spacious compared to the dingy one she had to squat with her sister Rahama and her little brothers Haidar and Mamman.

The room even has a fan and drapes. There was a carpet and her bed was comfy. It was tiled and furnished. Her mother will jump at this opportunity even if it means leaving them all behind.

She had her bath and wore a gown that was loosed around her. It was one of Hajiya's gift. She has gotten more clothes than she's ever thought of having since she came to this house. She changed another hijab and walked to the living room. It was her favorite place in the house. The wall design and chandeliers were breathtaking and she always marvelled at how beautiful it is. The large TV was nothing compared to the small one they had at home and which they take weeks to watch because they hardly have electricity or the socket gets disconnected by Haidar and Mamman her mischievous brothers. Despite all the luxuries she's enjoying here, she badly misses home, and her only friend Dije.

She watched as commercials was playing and heard the door to his room opened when she quickly looked down. He was in a polo shirt and jeans, his glasses and phone in hand. The scent of his perfume was heavenly. He was in a hurry that he hardly spared her a glance.

He didn't know she was seated until he heard her self effacing voice.

" Sir, I want to ask for a permission to go home."