Chapter 36: Talking to Leo

Leo and I stood in the stair case and I waited for him to talk.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about, Leo?" I asked.

Leo nodded as he leaned near the staircase handle.

"You know how Ms. Henry told you to buy the costumes for the play?" He asked.

I nodded, leaning on the wall. "Yeah, I probably have to go out alone tomorrow. Why?"

"Um . . . I am wondering . . . If you would like me to accompany you in shopping?" He asked.

I looked at him, confusingly. "What?" I asked.

"I mean, the bags must be heavy for you to carry everything . . ." He said, looking a bit more nervous.

What did he think of me?

That I was weak and couldn't even carry shopping bags?

"No, it's alright," I said. "Plus, I am pretty sure I am okay with carrying all the bags. I am not as weak as you think, you know?"

Leo laughed. "That's not what I mean . . . Oh well," he sighed sadly.

I raised my eyebrows.

Leo was making me confused.

If what I said wasn't what he meant then what did he meant anyway?

"Anyway, I wanted to ask . . ." He said as he took out two tickets from his pocket.

I went near him and took the tickets from his hands to see. It was the tickets to wonderland. "Wonderland?" I asked.

"Yeah," he answered. "Actually in grade 12, everybody is planning for university or college and we are all so busy so that's why I though maybe going to wonderland would be nice, just to have a little break."

I knew Leo was right. Grade 12 was very stressful and a little fun wouldn't hurt.

I smiled at him. "Oh great! So, who are you going out with? I am sure the person will like it."

Leo's face light up. "You think so?"

"Well yeah," I said.

I just wasn't sure why he kept showing me the tickets and all.

"So, do you want to . . . You know, go to the wonderland with me?" He asked.

I looked at him, confusingly and with a little shock. "Me?" I almost laughed. "Leo, I have never went in rides. It won't be fun with me. Maybe try with some other kid."

Leo's smile dropped. "It won't be same as trying with some other kid."

I was confused. "Why not? You are still going to the wonderland and all . . ."

He sighed. "You don't get it, do you?"

"Huh?"

"Anyway? It's fine," he said and then his eyes looked down to my hands. "Can I just ask you something?"

"Yeah," I said, casually.

"The ring in your hand . . ." He said as I looked at my fingers.

I was wearing an engagement ring and a wedding band. I haven't took it out since after we got engaged and married.

"What's the meaning of it?" He asked.

I knew what he was asking. He wanted to know if I was engaged or married for real. I couldn't tell him the truth though.

Apparently, Omar and my wedding happened and only Omar's family friends were invited. Moreover, Emily did took our photos and she did posted online but her friends in social media were all of our family friends, relatives and some of the clients who worked for the company under the Chatti family. The reason why Omar and Emily liked to keep these sort of things in private was because they didn't want to grab extra attention and not to mention, having mom as a lawyer, her enemies could spot us easily if our private life was exposed to public. So, right after the marriage, I was told to keep our marriage secret and I agreed.

Why wouldn't I?

I didn't wanted to be the girl who was tied in a knot with Mr. Popular. I would just get in trouble with Omar's fans' that way.

"Yumna," Leo said. "About the ring . . ."

"I just wore it for fashion," I lied.

"Oh," he nodded. "But, I have seen Omar wearing the similar pairs of rings since the same day you started wearing it as well, you know?"

I didn't know what to say. I was definitely good in lying, but I wasn't expert in it.

"Well, I don't about Omar. I mean, maybe he wore it as a fashion as well and stuff," I lied, again. "I and Omar are not that close so you know, I don't know much about him."

Leo nodded. "So, there is nothing between Omar and you?"

I shook my head.

A part of me did wanted to tell him that I was Omar's wife but a part of me didn't wanted to grab the extra attention. Plus, we didn't even know if Omar wanted to declare our relationship in public, such like school.

I shook my head. "Nothing is going between Omar and I," I lied.

Leo's face lighted up. "Oh great!" He sighed in relief.

"Great?" I asked.

For what?

"So, um . . . See you in Monday," he said, making his way down the stairs.

"But your tickets-"

"You keep it!" He said as he ran down the staircases leaving me alone there.

I looked at the tickets and sighed.

Oh well.

What was I going to do with the tickets, anyway?

I sighed and began to walk away.