Chapter 24 - Deep & Intellectual

*two days later*

It was Monday, and I walked into school prepared for a remotely fun day of watching June being tormented. Even better; there was no proof that it was us, considering our cheap school didn't own security cameras.

I strolled to my locker to see my friends conversing (other than Hazel, who looked slightly awkward in her own friend group). After I opened my locker with a kick and shoved my shit into it, I was ready. "Field trip!" I called, leaving to go to June's locker without caring who followed.

Both Hazel and Corey almost immediately appeared on either side of me, full of questions. "Where are we going?" Corey asked, nearly tripping over his own feet whilst trying to match my quick pace.

"Didn't you hear? On a field trip, Little One," I responded casually.

Corey mumbled a grumpy, "I'm not little," which only I could hear. I laughed real loud, clearly doubting him, cutting of poor Hazel's question. After I calmed down, she too nagged me.

"Yes, but where? And why?" She sweetly asked, looking up to me curiously.

I giggled and murmured, "Don't ask questions you're not prepared to know the answer to." At that moment, Samantha also showed up, followed by Caden, Ryder, and Celine, who were all engrossed in a random conversation. Sam glanced at Hazel, an unknown emotion taking over her face quickly before she looked away.

We arrived to see June frustratedly kicking at her locker, which she couldn't get open. I burst out laughing upon noticing a particularly large hole ripped in the back of her shirt, most likely from the contraption I planted in the nearest bathroom. Corey started talking to me in confusion when I heard the alarm begin to ring.

Everyone in an even remotely close vicinity to her locker covered their ears and swore. June's frustration rose as our group all stopped their conversations to watch the scene. Finally, she managed to pry her locker open with the help of Julia, only for the both of them to be showered in glitter glue.

I cackled at the sight and began walking to my first hour classroom. My friend group departed as well behind me, hearing the bell. I swaggered through the halls, also hearing screams from June's locker. I just assumed she found the moldy food (most likely covered in bugs).

First hour was also quite hilarious, considering she came late, covered in sticky glitter. She angrily approached her desk, sat down, scooted in, and was shot in the face with water. Her screech echoed throughout the classroom. Our teacher, concerned, went over to her to fix the situation (including her running mascara), whilst the rest of the class chuckled. When offered the opportunity to leave and clean up, June couldn't get out of her chair. Oops.

€£€£€£€

Throughout the rest of the week, I received particularly nasty looks from everyone in the wannabe popular girl group. It wasn't too abnormal, especially considering they already hated me for being friends with Caden, Corey, and Ryder, but June looked like she was plotting something. Either way, the school days went by, the awkwardness in my group getting smaller every time we interacted.

Friday, after school, I smudged my eyelashes with an extra layer of mascara for no real reason, and got ready to head to Caden's house. I learned that day that his mother wouldn't be home until late, so we'd have his house all to ourselves. Corey arrived just on time to pick me up. He was actually the one who offered to drive me, randomly remembering that I only had my permit at age eighteen.

I plopped into his little black car and immediately turned up the rock radio, which he already had playing again. "So, what's up with you, my chauffeur?" I joked. Corey chuckled at me, turning down the music to talk.