Chapter Thirty Five

"Insulting others is never a way of correcting them, instead it causes more damage and proves that we need help ourselves." Mufti Menk.

Hamads pov

Driving alone almost midnight and sleepy as hell is not something anyone would like to do, and it's raining.

I've been driving for almost 15 mins now, my pregnant wife is craving suya at this time of the night, i told her I'll buy it for her early in the morning but her being the emotional person she is, she started crying and even left our room, so i had no other option than to go get her some spicy suya, I'm actually annoyed i don't know at what exactly though.

Or who.

Finally after almost another 10 mins of driving, i find a 24/7 suya spot, i bought it and I'm already driving back home.

I drove inside the compound of our home, enter the house and head upstairs after getting a plate from the kitchen and locking the main door.

I enter our room and i am not surprised to see that my wife isn't in the room, i walk to her room and there she is, lying on the bed. I cannot help the gasp that leave my mouth, she can't possible be asleep, what!?

I drop the suya and the plate on the vanity table and move towards her lying form. Wallahi she's sleeping, how? What!? She looks peaceful tho.

I caress her cheeks, "Aisha? Wake up, I bought the suya." She didn't even stride, i try again.

"Aisha!?" I start shaking her shoulders, she groan. "Wh—" She clear her throat before continuing, "What!?"

"Wake up, i bought the spicy suya for you." I smile down at her.

She snuggle more into the duvet and say, "I don't want it anymore, please switch off the lights." And with that she close her eyes.

Can i just slap the sleep out of her!?

My mouth is wide agape, what!? This woman is unbelievable, she doesn't want it anymore? Wow! I switched off the lights and left the room, because i know if i stay a little longer she won't sleep, because i might slap the sleep out of her, who knows.

I enter my room, change my clothes and hop on the bed to sleep, I've got work tomorrow in shaa Allah.

************

The sound of my annoying alarm woke me up from sleep, 5 mins ago, I'm still in bed tho, i feel lazy i swear even though i just woke up.

After another 5 mins, i lazily drag my body to the bathroom, i brush my teeth, shower and amble back to the room and into the closet.

I dress in black suit with white t-shirt underneath and pantsuit before walking down the stairs, Aisha's already in the dining table.

When she saw me, she smile, "Good morning husband." She says, i flash a small smile her direction, for some unknown reason I'm mad at her.

"Good morning." I greeted back, while sitting down and i start digging my breakfast.

None of us utter another word.

Soon enough i am done eating and I'm running late, i stood up and head to the living room to pick my briefcase and car keys.

"You're leaving!?" Aisha asks immediately when she enter the living room. "Yes." I pass her a smile.

"Oh." She says.

"Take care of your self and the baby." I said while walking towards the main door.