15

"Star light, star bright. The first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might. Have the wish I wish tonight." Jonathan rhymed out simply and nodded at Willow. She pushed a button and the two of them stood by and watched as the lights in a building not too far from them went out. The building was cast into darkness. Surrounded by lights of bright skyscrapers and little shops. It looked out of place. Even a little awkward. People came walking out of the apartment building frowning and looking around. Some faces peeked out of the windows to see if the lights were off in any of the other buildings. "Nice scrambler work there, Willow."

"Oh heh, well...I do try." She smiled.

"I think it'll work."

"Of course it'll work."

"We have three days left until the meeting." Jonathan looked at her before walking to the fire escape ladder and climbing down. Willow climbed down after him. Looking up at him she pocketed the scrambler and linked her arm with his.

The building that they tested the new scrambler on, was a few blocks away from their little apartment. They had walked around trying to find a place to test it out on. Eventually, because Jonathan couldn't put up listening to Willow complaining, they just stopped and chose the nearest apartment complex. Everyone seemed to be rushing around, even at this late hour. Jonathan and Willow looked at the people they passed and looked up at each other. They were pretty much thinking the same things. Even with everything going on with the mob round ups, everyone was still so normal.

Even now as they walked down the street, no one paid any mind to them. What sort of city ignored one of the many criminals which resided in it, when they were walking down the street? Willow let go of his arm and tottered off towards a small shop. Jonathan stopped and put his hands in his pockets, just after swiftly pulling the collar of his jacket up. She was interesting to watch, as odd as that sounded. Willow leaned down to look into a cabinet and tapped on the glass. The man behind the counter smiled widely at her before picking something out and putting it into a bag.

Jonathan sighed and leaned against the wall. Looking up at the sky, he raised an eyebrow at the bright light which suddenly came from nowhere. Looking quickly at the people around him he relaxed. No one paid mind to the signal anymore. They all got used to it. It was a part of everyday life.

"A meeting, perhaps?" Willow said from beside him. Looking down Jonathan frowned, reaching out he plucked the bag from her hand. Looking in, he wasn't surprised to see mini doughnuts. She just couldn't survive without sugar. "Afufu!" Jonathan looked at Willow disturbed when she came out with this sound. She wriggled her fingers at him. Along with that she pouted and waved her arms at him too. "Mine! No, no! You're not allowed any! They're mine."

"Willow, I don't want a doughnut. I don't like them."

Willow pouted and crossed her arms. "They're yummy. You should eat them really. Get some meat on you, you're so skinny." She poked him in the ribs.

"Here," Jonathan shoved the bag into her hands and pushed away from the wall. He commenced walking away and stopped suddenly when he realised he wasn't being followed. Turning around he looked at Willow.

She was still standing near the shop, nibbling on a doughnut, looking at him with a sidewards glance. Letting out a sigh she turned and shuffled after him. "I can't wait for this to be over." She said while scrapping around in her paper bag and pulling out another doughnut. "Three days is too long to wait!"

"Stop being impatient, Willow. The longer the wait, the better the downfall." Jonathan said while Willow readjusted the plastic bag she was also carrying. He'd only just noticed it and pointed a finger at it. "What's in there?"