Like you

I woke up agin and seen it was almost time for me to go to work. I didn't tell anyone but today was my last day at that place. I finally got my degree and a new job for Mercedes thanks to Jackson. I came out the bed did my hygiene and put my hair in a ponytail. This was the last one I was going to my closet to put on some black leggings and a blackshirt. I came out the closet and I seen koi walking up.

" baby where you going" he said in his sleepy voice.
" I'm going to work but you can stay here and sleep because you need some" I put on my shoes and threw on my PINK black bomber jacket.

"Mann" he caught an attitude and turned back around. I grabbed my keys then I heard him get up.

" you going to your house?" I asked as he put his shoes on.

"Nahh imma take you, then imma go Handel something" we got in his car and he drove to the club. We both went in the club and walked to my bar.
" hey baby haven't seen you in a while" hazel hoe ass said walking up to koi.

" yo chill out I'm only hear cuz my girl work here so back the fuck up" he gave her a look like she was nasty. Hazel gave me a look and I just kept doing what I was doing.

" ok baby imma be here to pick you up, call me if anything happen" he gave me a kiss then left.

I was doing my job for about two hours until I seen Jason and Rodney walk in. They sat in hazels section and threw money at her as she danced. I minded my business until Rodney came over to my bar.

" aye sis what you doin still working here?" He said sitting at the bar. I seen jason go somewhere with hazel but brushed it off.

" umm I like money" I laughed. I never really talked to Rodney. Usually when I was with Jackson and we went to Kim's house I saw Rodney. He mostly spoke to Jackson and the most he said to me was hi or maybe a joke.

" you do know your boyfriend os like the richest nigga In the city and you choose to work here" I gave him a shot of Hennessy.

" his money is just that his" he took the drink and gave me a look.

" what" I laughed wiping the counter off.

" now I see why he like you so much, you probably don't even know do you?" He drunk the drink.

" know what Rodney" at this point he was kind of annoying me.

" who your boyfriend is" I took the glass and put it in the sink.

" I think I have a good idea of who king is" I put the closed sign on my counter because I was gonna leave early tonight.

" so you know that your dating a killer, no wonder you act like that" I was hella confused at everything he was saying. I took my phone out and called an Uber. I don't want to see koi right now after what Rodney said.

" you about to head out or something" he asked getting up. I nodded my head and walked right passed him. As soon as I got out side my Uber pulled up and so did koi. I rolled my eyes and got in the Uber.

The Uber drove to my house and I got a call from koi.
" yes" I answered.

" why you just get in that car when you know I was coming?" He sounded confused.

" because koi" I tried not to get loud in the Uber.

" what's wrong? Did I do something? I wasn't even with you and you mad at me." He said threw the phone. I hung up because I just needed to think.

I got home and took a shower. I couldn't listen to music because koi kept calling me. I changed into my silk robe and went downstairs to get some water. I made some ribs and ate them in the living room. I heard my door bell going off over my show.

I opened the door and seen koi. I didn't open the door all the way because I was mad.

" why you ain't got no clothes on opening doors and shit" he laughed.

" what do you want koi" I rolled my eyes.

" baby what I do to make you so mad? We was all good when I dropped you off." He looked concerned.

" koi I don't wanna talk about it ok I just wanna finishing eating my food and watching my show without you" I looked at the floor.

" damn it's like that , and you won't even let me fix it or know what I did. baby wassup? " He looked hurt.

" how come you didn't tell me you kill people" I looked him in his eyes because I wanted the truth.

" who told you that" he clinched his jaw.

" Rodney came to the club and was asking me why I was with you then he said that I must be ok with you being a killer" he was pissed but I could tell he was trying to hold it in.

" Harmon-"
" is it true?" I cut him off. I already knew the answer I just wanted him to tell me.

" I mean it is but I didn't want you to find out like that, I wanted to protect you from it. You my girl and I don't want you worrying about me. I don't want you worrying about anything. I promise you I was gonna tell you. I'll tell you whatever you wanna know just don't shut me out." I nodded my head. I was still a little mad but imma get over it.

"Alright but you gotta stop hiding stuff." I looked at him.
" and you gotta go put some clothes on. You do know we got hella neighbors and they don't need to be seeing that" I opened the door up and he came inside.

*********