A lame hen party

Liliana

I got up from my nap and freshened up, then I left for the hen party. I called a taxi to take me to the place Polly told me. The driver nodded, pulling away from the house.

"So, you're attending a hen party," the driver mentioned.

"Yeah, and not a clue what a hen party is," I said.

"It's a party signifying marriage and last time for freedom. It's a bachelorette party," the driver told me.

"Then why not say that? Rich people make no sense," I replied.

"Because people are rich. They don't think they have to make sense. Flaunt money and you can do whatever you want," the driver groaned.

I giggled. "I like it. What's your name?" I inquired.

"Rodney, ma'am," Rodney answered.

"Liliana," I introduced myself.

"Are you staying with the Wolf family?" Rodney asked.

"Yep," I said.

"Grandma is cool," he mentioned.

"Yep, she is," I agreed, grinning.

Rodney and I chatted on the way to the place. I learned a lot about him. People fascinate me because they come from different backgrounds.

"Rodney? Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Sure, Liliana," he answered.

"See, I came here pretending as Satan's fiancé, then after spending a week together, Satan confesses he likes me. Now, do I accept the confession or don't I?" I asked.

"I need some background information Liliana," Rodney mentioned.

"Okay," I said, shrugging. I told Rodney everything that happened this week. After I finished, I waited for his opinion.

"It seems that you genuinely like Satan and scared that you might get hurt," Rodney said.

I sat there, thinking about it.

"Without risk, you miss out on an opportunity. Sometimes we have to take risks in order to see a better picture," Rodney explained.

I listened to Rodney, thinking about what he's saying. He made sense. If Satan is genuine and I'm not saying he is, because I don't know for sure if he is. Perhaps there's more to Satan than meets the eye.

Rodney pulled up to the address I gave him. I paid Rodney, giving him a tip, then went inside the place. Let the fun begin, because I'm sure tonight will be awesome, note the sarcasm.

After I entered, I looked around to see if Polly is here. Sure enough, she's with her evil step-bridesmaids. I strolled over to everyone, holding my head up high because you must keep up snooty appearances.

"Liliana!" Polly yelled, throwing her arms around me. I stood there with my arms to my side as she hugged me, excitedly. What is this girl taking? Because she is way too happy for my tastes.

Polly released me from her death grip.

"Girls, this is Liliana, Dimitri's fiancée. Liliana, these are the girls. You have Heather, Lindsey, and Kendall," Polly introduced us.

Polly's evil friends gave me a repulsive look. Now, it's my life's mission to make her snooty friends miserable.

I sat down at the table as Polly sat down next to me.