An unfortunate truth

Liliana

After dinner, David kept his word and took Grandma home. Why didn't I use her idea to get out of this dinner? Dimitri disappeared somewhere. For a person who needs to talk to me, he keeps avoiding the conversation.

I walked around trying to avoid Polly and her evil trolls, but no such luck.

"Liliana!" I heard someone call my name. Did you ever hear a weird screeching sound like a hen? That's Heather's voice. I groaned inwardly at the sound of it, then turned and smiled cheekily.

The four trolls waved me over to them. I included Polly because she is one. I strolled over where they stood.

"So, Liliana, we see you came with Dimitri," Madison mentioned.

"Well, Dimitri is my fiancé, so it makes sense," I retorted.

"Well, there's no acquiring for taste," Kendall remarked.

I pursued my lips as a smile grew on my lips. "Yeah, because Dimitri has excellent tastes. You know guys enjoy gingers tremendously," I retorted. Kendall's smirk left her face.

"Well, we know Liliana here is a lovely person who promises never speak ill will of people," Polly told the trolls.

"Nope, I speak the truth," I said, smirking as Polly frowned. I smirked. "Plus, I left high school behind when I graduated. Excuse me, I have to find sugar butt." I walked away, leaving the trolls to gossip amongst themselves.

Is this evening almost over with you soon? As I looked for Dimitri, I encounter hapless Harry.

"We haven't been formally introduced. I'm Harry," Harry introduced himself, holding out his hand.

"Yes, you're the scoundrel who plots and plans with the enemy," I mentioned. Harry frowned. I looked at his hand and shook my head. "I don't shake hands with someone that can give me being sexually transmitted disease. I heard you can herpes that way," I said, walking away from Harry.

Guys like Harry enjoy sticking their dick inside anyone. If there's a hole, he'll screw it. I'm not his next victim. Now where the heck is Dimitri?

*******
Dimitri

Alec and I walked away from everyone to talk. I didn't need people overhearing our conversation.

"Okay, spill," Alec said.

"You know the truth about Liliana and me, but you don't know the whole truth," I said.

"What more is there besides the fact you both are pretending you're engaged?" Alec asked.

"I paid Liliana three years' worth of salary to pretend to be my fiancée, but I did that because, after the wedding, I planned to terminate her position," I confessed.

Alec's expression contorted in shock. "You can't be serious?" Alec exclaimed.

"But that changed," I said.

"Why?" Alec asked.

"Because I fell in love with Liliana," I admitted. Alec furrowed his brows at me. "I didn't plan for that to happen, but I got to know Liliana. I don't want to start something and not tell Liliana the truth," I explained.

Alec looked at me. "Dimitri, if you tell Liliana the whole truth, it will blow up in your face. How can you make this decision and then think it's okay?" Alec questioned me.

"Because I didn't think that I would develop feelings," I reasoned.

Alec shook his head and paced back and forth. He stopped and looked at me. "Didn't it ever occur to you that spending time with someone causes feelings to develop?" Alec asked.