We're going to be late

Liliana

"We will be late if you don't hurry," someone yelled as I finished getting ready.

The bedroom door opened and I turned to see Mom who smiled. "Are you almost finished?" Mom asked me.

"Yep," I said, picking up my bouquet as I walked out of the door with Mom following me downstairs.

I stopped at the bottom step as Mom turned to me. "Liliana?"

"I wish Dad was here," I said with a look. Mom looked at me and hugged me.

"Your dad isn't here in the physical sense, but he's here in spirit. If you don't mind, I can escort you," David mentioned as I nodded.

I stepped down and took his arm as we walked to the back door. We stepped out of the house as David escorted me to Dimitri. It took us a year to get here after Dimitri hired me back as his assistant. He realizes he needed me and I realize I was better with him. We're a work in progress.

David escorted me down the beach to Dimitri who stood there dressed in a pair of tan slacks and a white button-up shirt. We opted for an intimate beach wedding. My mom, siblings, Kris, and Chandler came too. It's a family affair for us.

We reached as David handed me off to Dimitri. Dimitri took my hand and we turned to face the minister.

"Dearly beloved, it gathers us to join Little Red Riding Hood and The big bad wolf in unholy matrimony. Boy, are they unholy," the reverend said.

I giggled as Dimitri rolled his eyes.

"Since it takes forever for you two to get together, we're skipping the whole shebang. Do you big Red take Satan to harass for the rest of your life?" The minister asked.

"Yes," I giggled.

"Do you Satan take big Red to put up your shit for the rest of your life?" The reverend asked.

"Unfortunately," Dimitri grumbled.

"Act happy since someone is marrying your dumbass," the minister told Dimitri. I roared with laughter.

"Can we hurry this up?" Dimitri asked.

"We can since the big bad wolf looks like he's ready to blow my house down," the minister retorted. I kept laughing. "Since no one objects and we know you two have a lifetime of harassing each other, I pronounce you husband and wife. Now, plant a big old wet one on your bride," the minister announced.

"Finally," Dimitri said as he pulled me to him and kissed me. I giggled against Dimitri's lips as he chuckled.

Our ceremony was sweet and to the point. It's the best wedding to have. After the wedding, we walked up the minister.

"Liliana, this is Reverend Nixon Gray," Dimitri introduced me.

My eyes widened as the minister looked at me.

"You're that crazy brother I read about on the plane," I exclaimed.

"Oh, you must have read Luna's book, The Gray Brothers," Nixon mentioned.

"That is about real people?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, it surprised us too, but the truth is stranger than fiction," Nixon said. "Now, excuse me." Nixon walked over to another guy.

I looked at Dimitri.

"I happen to go through your books and saw that you're reading a particular book. I contacted the author and asked if her uncle is a minister. The author put me in touch with her uncle," Dimitri explained. I looked at Dimitri and grinned.

"Sometimes we have to take care of the people that take care of us," he added.

I wrapped my arms around Dimitri's neck and kissed him. Will wonders never cease to amaze me?

"It's about time you two got it together," Chandler said, interrupting our kiss. "If I have to listen one more time to this guy moon over you, I will hurt myself."

I laughed.

"Considering it took forever for you to settle down, I say we're even," Dimitri told Chandler.

"Yeah, married life is a trip. My wife enjoys edibles," Chandler said, shrugging as we laughed. If Chandler knew about Dimitri. Some things are better left unsaid.

I went to find Grandma and saw her sitting next to Alec and Albert, toking on the magic stick. I walked over and sat down next to Grandma as she passed me the special herb and I took a hit. Dimitri found us and joined us.

"By the way, how was the wedding?" I asked since I missed it.

"Well, it was exciting. The best part is Harry caught Cherisse screwing the best man, which is his brother," Albert told us. I looked at Dimitri who put his hands up in defense.

"Don't look at me. I missed the wedding because u were chasing you," Dimitri said.

"Yeah, a fight broke out between the families and the groom's brother knocked up Cherisse with his quickie. Then I told my parents that I'm gay, which didn't go over well, and here I am," Albert said, surprising me.

"Works for me since we're getting married next year," Alec mentioned and I smiled.

"Mom!" David yelled, walking over to us.

"Don't be a fuddy-duddy, David. There's nothing with enjoying the magic stick now and then," Grandma told David. I laughed as the others joined me.

After partaking, we ate dinner, then danced and I didn't stomp on Dimitri's foot the last time.

*********
Dimitri

Lilian looked at me, and asked, "What?"

"I didn't think in a million years we would get married," I mentioned.

"It only took you a billion to come to your senses," Liliana remarked as I dipped her. She giggled as I chuckled.

I pulled Liliana up and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Well, you got the position and I got the girl," I said.

Liliana gave me a coy look.

"That makes you Red's Wolf," Liliana told me.

"I think I can handle that," I said as I kissed Liliana.

We danced, then after we enjoyed ourselves with everyone else. We didn't need a big production getting married, we needed a few people that knew what we didn't. That Liliana and I were better together than apart. It doesn't get better than that.

Later on, I made another confession to Liliana and told her I paid for her father's funeral along with her parent's debt. It surprised her, but no one should worry about money when they lose a loved one. It's the right thing to do.

I felt we weren't done yet.