2: memories

Elias (continued)

"Come on Eli! Kiss me!" Lily leaned forwards with pouty lips.
Her blond pigtails flopped forwards and I had to restrain from telling her that her ribbon colour really didn't match the shirt she was wearing.

"I'm sorry," I said, biting my lip, I don't really want to."

"Are you serious?!" She stomped her foot angrily, her pigtails trembling.
I had only known her for three days! And my twelve year old self only saw her as a sister. In fact, my twelve year old self had never even considered kissing anyone before.

"Sorry." I mumbled, afraid to look at her. That was a bad idea.

"I hate you! You're an idiot!" Lily shrieked and pushed me hard.
I went flying back in surprise, throwing my arm out to catch myself. I gasped in pain as a sharp rock split open the skin at my elbow.

"Ha, serves you right!" Lily sneered before stomping away and leaving me there in shock.
I tried to process what had happened in my head as I cradled my hurt arm. I didn't look up as I heard footsteps approaching. I was too embarrassed. The person knelt down in front of me and offered a hand. I hesitated before taking it and I looked up to see that it was a boy from another dorm, Lucas. He drew me up to my feet and smiled.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied softly, looking at the ground. I realised that he was still holding my hand but I didn't feel the need to pull away. He seemed to realise at the same time as he awkwardly let go of my hand and blushed.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, pointing to my arm.
I thought it was kind of a stupid question to ask considering my graze had welled up with blood but I knew that he was trying to change the subject away from the hand-holding so I let it go.

"Yeah but it's just a scrape." I replied.

"Would you like a bandaid?" Lucas asked in a sort of hopeful way as if he would be honoured to provide a bandaid for me.

"Sure, that'd be great." I smiled at him.
He grinned then and I noticed he had dimples. They look cute in him. He rummages through he his pockets and pulled out a bandaid. He grabbed my arm and I originally tensed. He quickly let go of me, blushing.

"Sorry." He said, holding out the bandaid for me to take.

"It's okay." I smiled slightly and placed his hand back on my arm.
He look at me curiously and then smiled a bright smile again. He carefully stuck the bandaid on my graze. When he pressed slightly I hissed between my teeth.

"Omg sorry!" He gasped looking up at me with wide hazel eyes.
I chuckled past my wince.

"It's fine, although it'd be better if you kissed it better." I smirked at him.
He humoured me, strangely enough, and I grinned when he cautiously pressed his lips to the bandaid. He lifted his head to look at me.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked hesitantly, his freckles disappearing into the bright redness of his cheeks.
I nodded shyly and leaned forwards. He pressed his lips against mine softly. We were both inexperienced children but it felt right.

It was just a peck but it was also my first kiss. With a guy. And it had felt right. We had walked back to the dorms holding hands.
It had been the last day of the camp. Parents came to pick up their kids. I never got to say goodbye to Lucas. And I never saw him again.

I was so lost in my memory if the moment I had realised I liked boys more than girls (romantically/sexually) that I had completely forgotten where I was. Until a soccer ball rammed into my chest.

I fell backwards, my arms flailing widely and I could hear the chuckles of the soccer boys in the distance. I closed my eyes briefly, thanking god that my laptop wasn't in my backpack and my phone was in my jacket and I hadn't broken my glasses. Then I attempted to prepare myself against the humiliating stares. Approaching footsteps made me crack open my eyes and I leaned up on my elbows. At least the grass had been slightly forgiving to my body.

I further wished to disappear in a hole when I recognised the two boys jogging towards me. Mitch and Axel. The Axel. Oh my freaking god somebody save me from this humiliation.

Mitch was dark-skinned with closely cropped black curls and a super sharp jawline. I would be lying if I said I hadn't checked out his bulging muscles before but he, like none of the other boys in my school, could cure me of my infatuation with Axel.

Mitch smirked at me as he deftly lifted up the soccer ball lying next to me with his foot and kicked it up into his hands.

"Sorry about that.  Sometimes I don't know my own strength." He chuckled.

I lifted up an eyebrow sceptically.

"Well, you might have noticed the ball if you hadn't been so busy ogling Axel." Mitch winked at me.

I forgot how to breath momentarily and gaped at Mitch in shock and horror. Was I that obvious? Or was he just teasing me? Holy flying squirrel shit what do I do??? I could feel myself blushing like a guilty idiot.
Surprisingly, Axel came to my rescue.

"Leave him alone Mitch. As long as he was looking at me and not you." He winked at me.

It was the first time Axel Rowe had ever directly addressed me. I continued gaping like a fish out of the water as Mitch chuckled and shook his head.

"Whatever." He turned around and dribbled back to the other players.

Leaving me alone with Axel. I cautiously looked up at him from under my eyelashes to find him already smirking down at me.

"Here, let's get you up." He offered me his hand.

So soon after those memories had resurfaced I had a definite sense of déjà vu. Like seriously. I need to stop falling over and having cute guys picking me up. Although I wouldn't mind Axel kissing my chest better. I was to get a bruise from that soccer ball. I felt my cheeks flush at the thought of his pink lips on my bare chest and hurriedly took his offered hand. He pulled me up with ease and I couldn't help but admire his golden sun-kissed bicep which flexed as he brought me to my feet. I realised I was still gripping his hand and hurriedly let go, looking at the ground.

"Are you hurt?" Axel asked, actually looking concerned for my wellbeing.

It was all suddenly too much. Too much of a déjà vu. Too much of a repeat. I knew if I stayed I would say something wrong. Something that would create a crack in my straight nerd façade. So I took the easy option. The cowardly option. Because that's what I am right? A coward. I pushed my glasses up my nose and turned and sprinted away. Away from school, away from soccer balls, and away from the boy that made my heart to flips in my chest.

A/N: poor Elias my baby 😭 I feel so sad for him. Although he sometimes acts cowardly he puts himself down way to often. 🥺
So... what are your thoughts? Did you enjoy the flashback? And what are your opinions on Axel?
Next is Axel's point of view, I'm so excited!!
Also, here is what Mitch looks like:

 what are your thoughts? Did you enjoy the flashback? And what are your opinions on Axel?Next is Axel's point of view, I'm so excited!!Also, here is what Mitch looks like:

Remember to vote and comment 💞