Chapter Fourteen

This chapter contains a trigger warning.

Mentions of rape

"I wanna talk to you if you don't mind, darlin. It's somethin that's been on my mind for a while," Kane said to Clover once they got home from his parent's house. He was ready to tell her how he felt, and he felt that it was the right time.

Clover wanted to ignore Kane, but she didn't want to be just as hurtful as he was. "Okay. I'd like to shower first,"

Clover's tone and attitude worried Kane, she seemed down and upset, but he had no clue why. "Are you alright, baby? You sound upset,"

She nodded and forced a smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired. I'll be down in a few,"

Kane knew that Clover was lying, but he didn't press. He would ask her about it later.

Twenty minutes passed and Clover was finished with her shower, and her heart was filled with dread. She knew that Kane was going to tell her that he didn't truly like her, and she had to be an adult and face reality.

Kane was in the kitchen waiting for Clover, he hoped that she was feeling better, he hated when she was down.

"Kane, where are you?" Clover asked as she walked down the hallway.

Kane stood up and went to the living room to meet Clover. "I'm in the livin room, baby,"

Clover walked to the living room and mentally prepared herself for heartbreak.

She sat down and Kane sat next to her. "I've been wantin to tell you this for a while, but I felt that I should wait, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable," Kane said confessed.

Clover nodded. "Well, what is it?" She asked.

"Darlin, I believe that us meetin in the elevator wasn't just a coincidence." Clover shook her head as she tried to keep her face void of emotion. "Don't say no, baby. You know it wasn't."

Clover pushed Kane's hands away from her in anger. "Don't you lie to me! Y-you said that we weren't real! I can't do this,"

Kane looked at Clover outraged. "Where did you get that from?"

She huffed in response and then quickly shot back. "I heard you! You don't have to lie to me to make me feel better, Kane. I'm a grown woman, and I can handle the truth,"

Kane couldn't believe his ears, he had no idea what his Clover was saying. "Now you hold your tongue, Clover." Clover began to push him away as he tried to hold her in place, she was jerking away from him.

"I have never said that you might've misheard or misunderstood me. You know that I've been all in from the beginning, I love you, baby girl." The sincerity in Kane's eyes held Clover hostage. Her heart soared at his confession.

"So you didn't mean it then? I-i heard you loud and clear when you were talking to your father," While Clover was over the moon, she still couldn't shake away her fear. She wouldn't let this happen to her again, just as she thought of the past, her body began to shake and tears poured from her heavy eyes.

Kane's eyes softened as he watched Clover's composure completely crumble. He knew that there was something more than just a misunderstanding that had her so broken up. "Hey, it's alright baby," Kane cooed as he held her cheeks. Her eyes held so much pain, he wanted to fix everything.

Gathering Clover in his arms, Kane laid her on the bed and spooned her, giving her the comfort she needed. Clover buried her face in Kane's chest and continued crying. After crying for ten more minutes Clover's sobs died down, and Kane decided it was time to know why. "My darlin, I need you to tell me what happened to make you so distraught. I want to love you without you livin in fear,"