Chapter Twelve

Two weeks later

"It's really comin together, this is amazin darlin," Kane said as he watched Clover turn a sketch into reality.

Clover turned away from her sewing machine and flashed Kane a smile. "Thanks, I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself." She said and it was true. She was worried that Kane would be upset that she wasn't free to hang with him on his off day, but he insisted that he would spend his day around her.

"You're like a magician, I ain't never seen somethin like this. When my ma would sew, she'd only sew buttons back into our shirts, nothin like this," Kane was amazed by Clover. What started off as a sketch for a suit turned into something real.

Clover giggled at his compliment. "You're sweet, but I'm almost done and then we can do something together!"

Walking over to get a closer look, Kane shrugged and stared. "You don't have to rush for me, darlin. I like seein you doin what you love,"

A thought popped into Kane's head and he grimaced. "Um, darlin, I feel bad for askin, but what's your brand called?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck. They'd been married for a while and Clover's been designing and sketching every day, only he had no idea what her clothing line was called.

Clover began to laugh when she saw how guilty Kane looked. She didn't mind that he didn't know, she never told him.

"You're fine, Kane. It's called Phoenix. I got the idea from Coco Chanel, you know just using your last name. Only that's not my last name anymore, but I guess it works," Clover said and began rambling at the end of her sentence.

Kane had an idea, he wanted Clover's clothing line to take off, and now that she was making men's wear it made things easier for him to help without cheating her out of the experience.

"That's neat, I like it. So uh, have you ever thought of making Phoenix somethin bigger? Like maybe get you a store and sell your clothes there?" He asked curiously, hoping that Clover would say yes.

Clover stopped her sewing and tilted her head in thought. "I mean I always wanted to, but I didn't want to fail honestly. Why do you ask?"

Kane kneeled to Clover's height and gazed into her beautiful brown eyes. "Um, Kane," Clover said after a few seconds of Kane staring in her eyes.

Kane snapped out of his Clover-made daze and smiled. "Sorry, darlin. I was sayin that if the suit is done in time, maybe I could wear it to a charity ball comin up. And about that, I'd like you to come with me,"

Clover's eyes widened and she squeezed Kane as she hugged him. "Heck yes! You can wear it and of course, I'll come with you." Clover let go of Kane and spun around in her chair. "This is such a blessing, Kane. With you wearing my suit people will see my brand!"

Clover didn't take any help from her parents when she started Phoenix and now she was at a place where people knew what Phoenix was, but they didn't think it would grow to be something bigger, and now Kane was offering to help and she knew better than to turn it down.

"It'll be an honor to wear your suit, I want everyone to know how amazin my darlin is. Now, you get back to sewing and I'll watch your talent," Kane said that he would watch, but he was busy thinking of ways to help Clover get noticed.