Chapter Seven

"I like that one for her, it'll make her happy!" Clover said with joy as she gazed over the bracelets in Zales.

Kane tilted his head and looked it over. "Ma'am, could I get a closer look at this one?" He asked the attendant who nodded.

"This is our Oval Ruby and 1/2 Carat Diamond tennis-style bracelet. It's 14k White Gold. This one was $4999.99, but it's on sale for $4449," Kane nodded at the attendant and Clover asked to hold it.

With it in her hand, she turned to face Kane. "She's going to love this, let's get it!" Clover's excitement was adorable, so Kane couldn't deny her wish.

"Your wish is my command, darlin," Kane said and Clover pressed a kiss on his cheek with joy in her heart.

Pulling his wallet out, he handed his black card to the attendant. "Could you please gift wrap it?" The attendant nodded and swiped Kane's card. Once the transaction went through, the attendant handed the card back to Kane and walked away to wrap the gift.

Wrapping her arm around Kane's waist, Clover held him and smiled up at him. "You're so sweet, Kane. Your mom is going to feel so special,"

Kane pressed a kiss to Clover's forehead and smiled. "You're the sweet one, sweet like a cinnamon roll," Clover rolled her eyes at Kane.

"Really? We had something cute going on and you just had to call me a cinnamon roll," Clover's side-eye made Kane chuckle.

"You're sweet on the outside and even sweeter on the inside, therefore you, my darlin are a cinnamon roll." Clover tilted her head to the side and squinted her eyes at Kane, and just as she was about to respond, the attendant interjected.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your cute moment, but I'm done with your gift," The attendant said with a smile, she thought they were the cutest couple that she'd seen.

Clover blushed and Kane smiled back. He was glad that someone else thought they were cute, anyone with Clover by their side should count as cute by association.

"Thanks, you have a wonderful day," Kane said, but they didn't leave just yet. He wanted to tip the attendant, looking at the receipt, he took not of her whole name and wrote her a check for $1500, she was helpful and he felt like tipping her extra for calling them cute. It seemed silly, but he finally found someone to cherish, and when others took note of it, he felt happy, and he prayed that they would find someone like Clover.

The attendant, Annie smiled and waved at the couple as they left. Her heart was overjoyed by their cuteness and their generosity.

-

"Just knock, Kane. Even though they know that we're coming it's still better to knock," Clover said as Kane contemplated using his key to unlock the door.

Kane put his key back in his pocket and flashed his smart wife a grin. "You're right, and you're gorgeous, darlin,"

Clover hid her smile and Kane went to knock on the door.

The door opened before Kane could get his hand on the door, his father welcomed them both with a warm smile. "Come in, Nelly's in the living room waiting for y'all," Michael hugged Kane and Clover, Clover pressed a kiss on his cheeks and smiled.

"How are you, Mr. Michael?" She asked with a smile, she found delight in Kane's parents.

"Just excellent, you look lovely, Kane you're taking good care of her from what I can see. She looks so happy," Michael commented and Clover blushed, while Kane winked.

Leading her to the living room, Kane whispered in her ear. "Just lovely, darlin," His warm breath tickled Clover's neck which made her squirm.

Nelly raised her brow at Kane's behavior, but she understood. Michael was just the same with her when they got married.