Chapter 21: fatherhood

Lucifer pov

"Your insane God!" I say in fury.

"You can't kill him! What has he ever done to deserve that fate!?" I shout in anger.

"I understand your confusion but you too know that it is the only way." He says.

The nerve of this asshole!

"No! It's not the only way! We can find the mastermind and kill them instead!" I say.

God shakes his head.

"Even if we do find the mastermind. It will already be too late. Killing y/n is just giving mercy to him. Yes he is a kind soul but sacrifices must be made for the betterment of the universe. We can't risk the safety of reality over one soul." He says.

I ready my trident.

"You will not kill him!" I say as I charge at him.

He goes to grab my trident but I use the momentum to swing over him and I kick him in the head knocking him down.

I point my trident as his throat before speaking.

"There is always another way god. You just don't see it yet." I say as I  get off of him and walk away.

"Y/n is going to live whether you like it or not." I say as I head towards the others.

Y/n is the son of Alastra and bendy. I would care for him if he was my son. I'm a father. I know how it feels if your child is in danger.

I remember the early days when Charlie was still a child growing up. I was the father she always wanted along with the husband Lilith always wanted.

Now they seem to forget about me and love others. But as long as they're happy I'm happy. I pull out an old family photo and I stare at it.

It was when I got into a fight with another demon for insulting my daughter

It was when I got into a fight with another demon for insulting my daughter. I got my ass handed to me but as long as my daughter is was alright. That's all that mattered to me. I gave her a piggyback home as she cried worried sick over me as my wife smiled at the situation.

All those memories. They came to me with a wave of nostalgia.

Flashback

I was walking home to see my wife again. Another feud had broken out between two devil families. It was all very tiring.

I made it to the door and I opened it. I was then greeted by my wife who was pregnant at the time.

"Welcome home dear!" She says.

"Hello my world." I reply back.

We embraced each other as we shared a kiss. I look to her stomach to see the growth of our child.

 I look to her stomach to see the growth of our child