Chapter 24: changing hearts

(So by majority vote I will not rework the book. Instead I'll continue to work on it more.)

Y/n POV

Opening my eyes to the bright sun I see that I'm all alone in my room. But something has been bothering me. It has to do with Lilith. Does she really love me?

Or is it because of my power. She is queen of the succubus. Come to think of it, Charlie is her daughter. I wonder what will look like when she is an adult?

"But wait, Lucifer is also an angel. If her mother is a succubus and her father is an angel. Then that would mean." My head starts to smoke and overheat thinking about it. Simply put Charlie would become a horny angel.

"But what would she be called? She can't be called a nephilim because she isn't a devil technically." Thinking about it some more causes fire to erupt from my ears.

Okay enough of that. But for Lilith. In all honesty I think she misses being Lucifer. Even though she hides it through her succubus charms.

Walking downstairs I see Lucifer already awake. He was leaning by a window as rain starts to pour outside. He was looking outside but I saw something. In the reflection of the window I see Lucifer from his past. It looked so real but so sad.

"Life is cruel though many angels don't see it

"Life is cruel though many angels don't see it." He says without moving.

"You see my past self, don't you y/n?" He turns his eyes. I nod in response.

"Me and my brother had dreams of prosperity for the world. But after that event I was banished down to the hell of today." He speaks with a frown his smile dimmed a little,

"I wanted to be better. I wanted to improve myself into the best I can be. But because of my improvement my brother threw me away. Do you know how frustrating it is to be casted away all for wanting to be better?" He continues. His smile is gone as tears begin to fall.

His fist forms as he punches a hole into the granite wall. Bloods spills as he is wounded but at the same time it heals at a increased rate.

"My bastard brother threw me away because he was afraid that I might surpass him! He wanted that throne all to himself! Now all the gods shun me because of that! One big humiliation!" He says as his demon form shows.

His horns grow as his hands turn into claws. He mouth grows fangs as his eyes become those of a monster.

He turns his head to look at me.

"Do you know what that's like? For all of heaven to hate you because you wanted to be better?" He asks while tears flow.

"No. I might never know. But you should know that despite of all that, you became a king and a father. You raised a amazing daughter and you married a beautiful woman. Hey hell is better than heaven anyways! Do you know how many rules you'd have to follow?" I say sarcastically.