Chapter 35

Hennessy

"Father?" I gasped , moving back as he took another step up the drive.

"I - - I err didnt mean to scare you ... or anything .. it was supposed to be a surprise for Kyrie-"

I zoned out after he said Hoodz real name. I couldnt help it. This must really be Hoodz father , he aint just call him 'Hoodz' , he said his birth name , the name not many people knew. I dont remember him ever telling me about his father ... I remember he mentioned the death of his mom but he never really tends to speak much on his Dad.

"Do you want me to-"

"No." I said , stopping him from coming any closer as I rushed inside to grab my phone. "I'll go call Hoodz , he should be back any minute."

"This place is really nice." I heard him call out , causing me to gasp once I noticed him now inside , admiring his surroundings.

I felt that little bit calmer as Seven came to my feet , as I quickly dialled in Hoodz contact number.

"Fuck." I hissed under my breath as the call went straight to the answer machine.

"So does Kyrie work alot?" He asked me , leaving me confused as I stared at him with furrowed brows. "Oh I mean .. Hoodz sorry." He laughed. "My fault."

"Oh.." I breathed out , it took me a while to understand since he refers to him as Kyrie and im used to calling him by 'Hoodz'.

"Err yeah I guess.." I mumbled as I texted Hoodz phone for the one hundreth time.

Bae🤞🏽💘: CAN YOU ANSWER!??!!!

"So what are you .. like the maid?" He asked making me scoff , as I tilted my head at him.

"The maid? Im actually his girlfriend." I told him causing his eyes to immediately widen.

"Girlfriend?!" He gasped. "Wow what did you do to him?" He chuckled a little as his eyes fell down to my stomach. "No way." He gasped again. "Thats Hoodz child?"

"Yeah." I told him as I rubbed over my bump , feeling a little calmer.

"Damn." He said in shock as a wide smile appeared over his face. "Damn , how many months?"

"Five close to six."

"Damn. My grandchild?" He said quietly to himself , still tryna take it all in.

"Im sorry if im acting weird and all." I told him after a few minutes. No matter how shocked and confused I was at this moment , if this man really is Hoodz father , I couldnt give off no funny vibes , like how bad of a first impression would that be.

"Naw , I get it." He told me , waving me off.

"I - - Hes just never - - I just never expected this or anyth-"

"Its fine. Dont sweat it." He said , laughing a little. "Kyrie tends to keep alot of things to himself." He said looking around at the walls beside him. "I havent spoken to him in a couple years actually- - well he hasnt spoken to me. You see , iv been away from him ever since he was ten and ... man." He mumbled to himself , itching his head before releasing a long breath. "You know .. my brother picked me up - - well you see I just got out a couple weeks ago-"

"Got out?"

"Yeah , Iv been in jail for over 10 years." He told me , causing my eyes to widen as I let his words sink in. "Yeah." He chuckled. "But .. but my brother.. you see Kyri- - I mean .. Hoodz might be a little off with my situation , we left off on not so good terms and then he cut me out for the past .. two years or so. I was contemplating on even showing up today but my brother thought it would be a good idea you see , I - - I didnt mean to cause you any shock or scare you in any w-"

"- what the fuck?" Hoodz said as he walked through the left open front door in a state of shock. I felt my self immediately rush to his side , joined by Seven , worried to what was gonna happen next ..

"I tried to call you." I quickly told him.

"What the fuck." He said again , ignoring my eye contact.

"Its err ... Good to see you son."

Hoodz

I couldnt believe who was infront of me right now. In my crib , on my floor. Its like .. I had to keep blinking to know I werent just imagining things..

And I werernt..

He was really here..

My dad.

The same dad I aint spoke to in just over a year , the same man who caused my Mama to die before her time. The same man who supposed to be in fucking jail.

"Man I tried to ca-"

"-man what the fuck you doing here." I blurted out , with a screwed face , feeling Mook hold onto me a little tighter.

"Im sorry son." He said causing me to scoff and shake my head. "I couldnt leave it like this any longer , I been driving myself crazy for two wee-"

"-Two weeks?" I asked bout confused as hell.

"Yea." He mumbled. "Rodney picked me up on the day I got out. You cut me out Kyrie-"

"Hoodz."

"Kyrie!" He yelled causing me to furrow my brows. "No matter how old you get! No matter what I did in the past! No matter what! ... Im still yo fath-"

"-Man fuck all that!" I snapped , causing Mook to gasp as I aggressively pulled my arm out her hold and stepped up to him.

"Hoodz." I heard her worried voice call out.

"I raised me! Nigga you werent there! So fuck all yo' no matter bullshit , that shit dont mean shit unless you can back it up...you cant my nigga. Where was you on my 16th birthday? In a cell my nigga. Tray and his cut had me , they more a Dad to me then you ever was. Dont come up in my crib wit' yo foul bullshit , tryna put me in check. Nigga you aint got that sort of authority! You been in a cell for most of my lif-"

"-Im still your father!"

"That dont mean shit! I raised me , I made me so dont come up in here after being gone a decade and try to change me."

I felt his whole energy relax as the atmosohere became tense around us. He didnt give me a response as he stared up at me ... feeling sorry for himself .. like he has anything to be sorry for. Whatever that man went through , he brang it upon himself. But hes right , no matter what , hes still my father , still my dad yeah. But that shit dont mean nothing to me , I managed , I coped and I can do it all over again , times fucking two , if I had to.

"Son..."

"Man." I mumbled , looking away from him as I headed into the kitchen. "Mook." I called , signalling for her to follow me. "What you want to eat?" I asked her as she joined my side.

"Erm-"

"What do you want from here? What- - what do you want me to do son?" He asked , slowly walking through the door with his hands in his pocket.

"Hoodz." I heard Mook gently mumble as she held onto my arm.

I could see the pain through his eyes. I could tell because they looked similar to mine. Im not gon' put his ass on the street. Cause yeah , thats my dad. But he needs to know I aint that same little 7 year old boy he once had control of ... shit aint the same no more .. at all.

"I can- - .. leave .. I can go-"

"You aint gotta do that." I mumbled. Sipping on a drink , staring right ahead.

"What do you m-"

"-Yeah your my dad." I told him. "But remember im not that same little boy you had before you went inside." I added causing him to nod his head slowly , taking it all in. "Mook ..."

"Yes?"

"Is all your stuff out the spare? He can have that room." I mumbled.

THANKS FOR READING❤️

LIKE❤️COMMENT❤️VOTE❤️