Chapter 37

Hoodz

"Is it in?" I asked Mook once I noticed my dad push himself up from the floor.

"Yeah... do you like them?" She asked me , waving her foot in the air , so I could see the shoe she was trying on...

 do you like them?" She asked me , waving her foot in the air , so I could see the shoe she was trying on

"There so nice." She gasped.

"Yeah , they dope." I told her. "You want them?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said , nodding her head as she pulled the shoe of her foot , with help from my dad again.

"And the slides?"

"Err ... both?" She asked , with widened eyes causing my dad to chuckle a little as he placed the shoe in the box , ready to pay. "I cant take b-"

"-Yeah , excuse me , excuse me." I raised my voice a little , calling over a man who worked in the store. "Can we get ... both of these please ... oh and the bag and that bag to." I told him , watching him grab all the things I was gon' buy for Mook. She always feel bad when I choose to spend money on her , ion know why.

We been at the mall for about 3 hours now , we originally came to buy my dad the brand new iphone and a case to go with that aswell as a whole bunch of new clothes and shoes , since hes gon' be needing all that to live on. Whilst we was at it we went ahead and bought baby girl a few things , not too much since we planned on shopping for her some day next week , but we did purchase a few outfits and since Mook came along to , I aint wanna leave with her empty handed , no matter if she wanted em' or not.

She was gon' get something.

"Yeah." I told the man behind the register as he asked if I wanted to pay in cash. "You want anything else Paps?" I asked My Dad as he joined my side.

No matter what this man did wrong in the past , I gotta remember this still my dad and even though he werent physically with me during my days of growing up , he never once forgot to call on the days he promised and never ever fucked up to with me a happy birthday ... obviously until we fell out a couple years ago. But to be honest , I chose to just put all that shit to rest and just look forward to our future cause that shit in the past aint helping a nigga at all.

"Naw you good Son. I got more than enough." He told me , nodding his head in the process as I nodded mine in response.

"Where Mook at?" I asked , once I realised she wasnt no where to be seen in the store we currently was in.

"I have no...idea." My dad mumbled , as he turned his body all the way round to try and spot where she was at.

"Mook!" I called out , growing a little worried. "Man where the fuck she at?" I mumbled to myself as I took the bags from the side and rushed back into our last footsteps. "Mook?"

"Shes not in here..." My dad told me , quickly rushing out the store.

"Fuck." I hissed , quickly pulling out my phone and dialling in her contact. "Hennessy!" I snapped , through the phone ... soon after realisng I went straight to the answer machine. "What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself.