chapter fourteen

Dean hangs up his phone.

"They've got Evie and dad." Dean states.

"We knew she had Evie. What'd she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy." Dean says. Dean grabs the colt and puts it in the back of his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asks.

"We got to go." Dean says.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It's got dad and Evie-- it's probably coming for us next." Dean says.

"Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come. We can get them back easier than." Sam states.

"Listen, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dad. We're leaving... now!" Dean yells the last word.

+++

Sam and Dean are at Bobby Singer's house getting help in finding John and Evie. They're discussing everything when Bobby's dog starts barking.

"Rumsfeld." Bobby mutters, going over to the window. The dog stops barking and whines before it's silent. "What is it?" He looks out the window seeing the chain broken and no dog. "Something's wrong."

Suddenly the door is kicked in and Meg saunters in. Dean slips the holy water flask out of his pocket.

"No more crap, okay?" Meg says. Dean goes towards her, but she hits him sending him flying into a stack of books, knocking him out. Sam steps in front of Bobby. "I want the colt, Sam-- the real colt-- right now. Already have your little girl, now just need the gun."

Sam tense at the mention of Evie. Sam and Bobby are slowly moving across the room while Meg follows them.

"We don't have it on us. We buried it." Sam says.

"Didn't I say "no more crap"? I swear-- after everything I heard about you Winchesters, I got to tell you, I'm a little underwhelmed. First Johnny tries to pawn off a fake gun, and then he leaves the real gun with you two chuckleheads. Lackluster, men. I mean, do you really think I wouldn't find you?" Meg asks.

"Actually, we were counting on it." Dean states and Meg turns to him. Dean looks up and Meg follows his gaze to find a large Devil's trap on the ceiling. "Gotcha."

~ ~ ~

They tied Meg to a chair in the middle of the trap and the brothers are watching her.

"You know, if you wanted to tie me up, all you had to do was ask." Meg says as Bobby walks in with a large canister of salt.

"I salted the door and windows. If there are any demons out there-- they ain't getting in." Bobby tells them. Dean nods and leaves the two men, walking over to Meg.

"Where's our father and Evie, Meg?" Dean asks.

"You didn't ask very nice." Meg says.