chapter fifty-nine

Crowley showed up in the Impala while they were driving and they followed him to an abandoned house. It's nighttime and they walk in, Sam holding Evie.

"Here we are... my life on the lam. How the mighty have fallen. Single pane glass, used contraception in the fireplace. The water damage alone--" Dean cuts the demon off.

"My heart's bleeding for you. Now, how do you know about the rings?"

"Well, now... I've been keeping a close eye on you lot." Crowley states.

"We got hex bags. We're hidden from demons." Sam says.

"All but one. That night you broke into my house, our first date, my valet hid a tracking device in your car. A magical coin that easily trumps your little bags o' bones. It allows me to hear things, too. And, my, the things I've heard. So you want to cram the devil back in the box? Cunning scheme. I want in."

"You said you could get us pestilence." Dean says.

"Well, now... I don't know where Pestilence is... per se. But I do know the demon who does. He's what you might call the horsemen's stable boy. He handles their itineraries, their personal needs. He's who you want, believe me. He'll tell us where Sneezy's at."

"Well, how do we get him to spill? Rip out his toenails?" Dean asks.

"Ow." Evie mumbles.

"No. Nuts at his pay grade don't crack. We bring him here, then I sell him." Crowley states.

"Sell him?" Sam asks.

"Please. I've sold sin to saints for centuries. Think I can't close one little demon?" Crowley asks.

"All right, so where's this demon of yours?" Dean asks.

+++

The brothers are packing while Evie stands next to the table and Crowley isn't in the room.

"Why are we even listening to him, Dean? This is totally insane." Sam states.

"I don't disagree." Dean says as Crowley walks in.

"One big, happy family, are we, then? Fantastic." Crowley says.

"You ready to go?" Dean asks.

"Yes. Yes. I am. Sam, keep the home fires burning." Crowley tells him.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asks.

"Sam's not coming." Crowley states.

"And why the hell not?" Sam asks.

"Because I don't like you... I don't trust you... and-- oh, yes-- you keep trying to kill me." Crowley declares.

"There's no damn way. This isn't gonna happen." Sam objects.

"I'm not asking you, am I? Cause you're not invited. I'm asking you." Crowley looks at Dean. "What's it gonna be?" He asks. Dean doesn't say anything and Sam smiles smugly at Crowley. "Gentlemen... enjoy your last few sunsets." Crowley starts to walk away.