chap.8

disclaimer: this chapter contains very light smut

"hello Sokka." Katara said, earring the door shut, "how was your date with that gir-" she stopped when she saw Zuko standing next to him, a basket in his hand. her face went to a confused expression. Sokka and Zuko looked at each other and seemed to understand what they had just put themselves into.
"Zuko? wha-" Katara continued.
"it went great," Sokka said, interrupting Katara, "i was just walking back home and i saw Zuko so we walked together and he took the basket because..."
"his arms were tired." Zuko finished.
Katara wasn't buying it, but what other option could there be? they didn't go on a date together did they? maybe what they said was true, even if it was barely believable.
"i guess..." she said. there was an awkward moment of silence until Aang came in the room.
"has anyone seen Toph? she has been missing all day long."
they shook their head, no one had seen her since yesterday.
"she concerns me," Katara said, "i know she's the best earthbender in the world but she's still only 13."
Zuko, Sokka and Aang sat on the couches.
"i don't understand where she could be going either." Aang added.
the door opened, it was Toph.
"why is everyone here?" she said.
"Toph where were you?," Katara asked, a little agressive, "you're always out late at night it's worrying us."
"i'm just out you guys don't need to check up on me." Toph said trying to go to her room.
Sokka picked her up, even if she was 13 and she kind of grew, she was still pretty tiny compared to Sokka.
"hey captain boomerang, let me down!" she said hitting his back trying to let him let her go. he put her on the couch.
"now talk," Sokka said, "where were you and why are you always out so late."
"ugh fine, i can't keep hiding this from you guys forever." she said, giving up.
they looked at each other, confused.
"so basically i've been training some earthbenders." she said.
"that's it? that's why you're always absent? can't you do it during the day?" Aang asked.
"i'm nit finished yet, twinkle toes," she exclaimed, "i'm teaching them metal bending."
their jaw dropped.
"so that's why i can't do it during the day, i'd rather keep it secret for now." she continued.
"but what are you gonna do with metal benders?" Katara asked her.
"i don't know, i wanted some people to know it by the original metal bender." Toph said, getting up on her feet and walking to her room.
"goodnight everyone!" she smiled and went to her room.
they all looked at each other again.
"to be fair, that's very much Toph of her to do that." Sokka explained.
"maybe you're right..." Aang was thinking, "Katara honey i'm going to my room, i'll sleep alone tonight." he got up and kissed her on the forehead, Sokka fake gagging. "goodnight Zuko! goodnight Sokka!" and he went also to his room.
this left us with Katara, Sokka and Zuko. again.
"errhm," Zuko said, "i'm gonna leave you guys to it, going to take a shower." and he awkwardly left the room.
"what's with you and Zuko?" Katara asked Sokka.
"me? and Zuko? nothing, zero nothing happening with us." he said, his cheeks were turning red.
"you're a very bad liar." she said, picking up her magazine, "i don't know what's going on but one day i'll make the link." and she left the living room.
Sokka gulped, did he need to be more discreet?
no you just need to stop going to Katara for your "girl" problems
"but what if she knew..? what would it do." Sokka wondered.
do you really want her talking about you guys every single day? we won't shut her mouth, better be discrete and let her figure it out on her own.

"psst Sokka!" a voice whispered.
Sokka turned around, snatched from his thoughts. he was trying to distinguish where the sound was coming from.
"come to my room." and he heard a door close.
it was probably Zuko, so he got up and went to check. when he entered the room he was surprised to find a shirtless Zuko sitting on the bed.
he hadn't seen him without a shirt on before, well not in that way. the room was dark, only a little flame coming from a candle was illuminating it.
"so are you eventually gonna stop lurking or?" Zuko said, teasing.
Sokka chuckled, his checks became red and hot. he sat right next to Zuko, looking at him in his golden eyes. Zuko was looking at his blue eyes. that lasted for long, no words were exchanged. Zuko looked at Sokka's lips, then at his eyes, and then back and forth.
"can i kiss you?" he whispered.
"of course." Sokka whispered back.
Zuko's soft lips pressed against his. it was warm and tempting. Sokka's fingers traced Zuko's muscular back. even if the fire nation boy looked quite skinny, he had muscles.
Zuko laid down on the bed, Sokka going of top of him. they continued kissing, the heat climbing faster and faster. Zuko opened his mouth, Sokka slowly putting his tongue in it. they started battling, Zuko sucked on Sokka's tongue.
"take off your shirt." Zuko whispered, and to which Sokka immediately did.
he threw it on the floor, going back to kissing Zuko. his left hand was cupping Zuko's jaw and ear. Zuko's fingers were tracing Sokka's back, which sent shivers down Sokka's spine.
Sokka pulled back for a moment.
"why exactly are we doing this now?" he asked.
"you did something special for me today Sokka," Zuko said looking at the water tribe boy, "i wanted to do something back, so it would be fair."
Sokka got off Zuko and fell beside him, he then kissed his lips.
"you don't have to repay me, i'm doing this because i lov-" Sokka stopped, was he really going to say it? Zuko's eyes got bigger.
there was a brief moment of silence. did he really love Zuko? i mean, he did love everything about him. his face, his body, his voice, how he tasted. it had only been around three weeks since they had started this little business however he felt the same way around him than with Yue and Suki.
"because i love you?" Sokka resumed, he blushed, avoiding Zuko's eyes.
"i love you too Sokka." Zuko smiled.
he buried himself into Zuko's chest, and he held him, stroking his hair.
"thank you." he whispered, to which Zuko responded by kissing the top of his head.
Sokka looked up at the golden eyed boy, and he kissed him again. he smiled, and Zuko took this opportunity to put in his tongue. Sokka didn't refuse and let them wrestle.
after a bit, they both pulled away, looking at each other and started laughing.
"dork." Zuko said.
"your favourite one." and he kissed Zuko's scar.
Zuko immediately blushed and looked away, he covered the scar with his hand.
"hey hey," Sokka whispered, moving away Zuko's hand, "don't hide it, it's part of who you are Zuko, and like i said, i love you, every single inch of you."
"i know but i don't like it." Zuko said, looking down.
Sokka kissed it again, multiple times, he kissed his burned ear, down to his neck. he sucked on his neck, giving him a hickey. Zuko moaned in reaction to the sensation.
"don't be ashamed of it please." Sokka looked into his golden eyes.
"i'll try." Zuko replied, a half believable smile on his face.
"good." and Sokka kissed his scar once again.