【Chapter 9】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

I and Ban were walking down the streets of the nosy village, glancing at the windows of stores to see if there was anything we found interesting to either steal or to buy. Looking to my left I saw children were holding hands with their parents, people laughing together, looking so innocent. Everything today felt so calm as if the war never happened. The humans here, don't know that they chose the wrong side of the war, they chose the wrong side. 

 Looking over at Ban I saw his hands behind his head as he looked forwards, noticing my gaze he looked down at me with a questioning facial expression. "What?" Ban asked, though I just blankly looked at him. "Nothing, just thinking." I answered though all he gave me was a disbelieving look in response which cause me to look away. "Tell me, we have all day you know." Ban offered.

'Should I tell him? This might be dangerous...he might figure it out. They may not seem smart, but people can pretend. I'll just say some stuff and hope he'll but it.' 

"I was just thinking about how much I learned and saw today, there are so many things that are just so interesting and mysterious that I think it will take forever to uncover." I said, feeling a gaze on me I turned my head towards him only to not see him there.

Confused, I stopped walking and turned around, hoping that he may behind me only to see him not there. "Ban? Oh Merlin, where could he have gone now?" I whispered to myself, furrowing my eyebrows I turned around and walked down the street that was still bustling with people running all around.

There were too many people, and my height didn't help me either since everyone here was way too tall, seriously just think of the amount of bad luck that I have is just sad. Trying to peer over other people's shoulders I was able to find a wisp of blonde hair goes inside an alley near a barbershop.

'Meliodas!' Pushing past people I began to run towards the alley as fast as I could. However, once I reached the alley there were no people inside, not even Meliodas. 'Strange, I thought I saw his hair, wait, why would Meliodas even be here? Somethings wrong...' Allowing some darkness to cover my left hand I walked inside the alley as I put my guard up. 

As I walked closer towards the end I felt someone grip my shoulder, turning around quickly I kicked in where the sun don't shine only to hear a grunt come from a male...wait, isn't that Ban? "Damn, a simple hello would have been good." Looking down I saw him laying down on the ground and clutching his crutch.