【Chapter 8】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Going down the street people were hurriedly running around, either running errands or getting ingredients for cooking. Though both me and Ban got bumped by others that still didn't slow down our pace as I began to blindly follow Ban to somewhere inside the village.

Finally, Ban stopped making me turn around on where Ban was facing. "Here we are, the jackpot." Ban said excitedly as he again dragged me, now leading both of us inside the unknown building. Though it looked abandoned on the outside, on the inside it was bustling with life. various shops were spread out everywhere, people were buying and people were selling, 'Though, why did I not see this much life outside the building? Could they be selling something off-market? Like a sort of black market?' I thought, though Ban pulled me out of my thoughts with a pinch on my shoulder. 

Looking up at him with an irritated expression I was about to express my anger only for Ban to silence me, "Shhh (Y/N), this is the black market, sells stuff that is illegal and that you don't see with any other legal place. A lot of rich people come here to get some rare gems, so here is what you gonna help me do..." Ban began, though I quickly stopped him. Backing away from him I gave him a frown, "Isn't that illegal? Even then, why would I help you commit such an act?" I said with an angered tone, seriously, trying to get me in trouble so fast?

Shaking his head Ban began, "(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N)...this world is a cruel and corrupted place, you can't just do what looks good in others, do what you have to do to survive. Though, other than that, why do you think illegal means?" Ban asked with a sly smirk making me curse under my breath, I just had to be careless.

"That is why I will teach you how to survive such a world. First, you can only think about yourself, no one else. Second, money is money, it doesn't matter how you got it. Lastly, third, be sneaky." His words made me lift my head towards him only to found out that he was pointing at me threateningly.

"I know you seem sketchy and all but I'll trust ya! There doesn't seem for there to be a reason for me to be wary." With him going first I began to follow him closely, seriously, what kind of man is this idiotic? Well, he could be faking it but still, there are many reasons why you shouldn't trust me, many, many reasons.

Feeling him grasp my shoulder I turned to look at him only for his hand to forcefully turn my head around to look at all the other people who were there, some dressed suspiciously and others dressed in extravagant clothes with maids and guards.

Though, I and Ban were the black sheep. We didn't have suspicious or extravagant clothes, all that we had were regular clothes that could be considered normal with this weird fashion race. "Now, (Y/N), this is what you're going to do, you see that man right there?" Ban pointed as he pointed at a cloaked man, "You're going to run after him, and once you pumped into him do something to grasp his wallet or anything valuable, okay? I've learned you're a fast learner so don't disappoint." Even though it sounded so easy, I highly doubted if I should do that.

Ban, who seemed to know what I was thinking about, slapped me in the back roughly, though since I wasn't prepared I tumbled back a bit only to fall. Still, there seemed to be other people in front of me who also tumbled down like a domino effect which eventually also knocked over the guy that Ban wanted me to rob.

"Well, that was easier than I expected. (Y/N), go now! While everyone's distracted!"Pulling me up and punching me forward I complied as I ran towards the man though I made sure that my presence could not be sensed. Once I reached the man I made some of my darkness to form a hand to sneakily search the man to see what he got, and surprisingly, he had about 80 gold coins which I immediately snatched and went back towards Ban.

Once I reached Ban I grabbed his hand and quickly lead him out of the scene, it won't be long until everyone finds out what's happening. "Come on, I don't want an angry mob going for my head." Hearing a chuckle that came from Ban, "Never thought you could be such a natural at that. Though I did promise you to teach you about everything that I know about this place so there is more to come, just be patient." I nodded absentmindedly at him, he already knows this place?

Slowly, the riot that was going on in the scene that I cause began to become quieter and quieter as we went further away from there, thankfully. Letting out a sigh of relief I let go of Bans hand, though he did not recuperate. I tried two more times until I gave up and looked up at him, "Hey, Ban? Can you please let go of my hand?" I asked though Bans face became dark though instantly went back to its normal structure, 'Strange.'

Finally, Ban snapped out of his trance as he immediately let go of my hand, and once he did he looked to the other side avoiding my gaze as much as he could. "Sorry about that, (Y/N)" Ban asked with a quiet yet calm voice, though since I was used to the more childish tone of him this did knock me off guard quite well, though, in the end, I gave him a bright smile. "It's fine, besides, you seem like you need it."

While we were walking I could feel Ban tug at my sleeve as he looked at me, "Hey...how much money did you get?" Ban asked curiously, though his question made me give a mischievous smirk, "About, oh I don't know...maybe 80 gold coins?" I said with a nonchalant tone, though when I peeked at Ban his face was covered with shock.

 "80 gold coins! No way! Show me!" Ban began to bug me, showing him his jaw dropped. Oh, we're going to go wild today!

A shadow of a man frowned from behind a building, watching the two relax adults. How disappointing...(Y/N) didn't seem to have gotten the memo.

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ!)