【Chapter 19】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Darkness consumed the inside of the Boar Hat as two figures sneaked inside and surveyed the room. The first one was a figure with (H/C) hair and the other was one with white hair who was behind the first. Both figures separated as one quickly went upstairs and into Meliodas' room. Looking around she didn't catch sight of the silver-haired girl making her confused, though went back downstairs to report what she found.

"Nothing, I didn't find her in Meliodas' room. What did you find, Estarossa?" (Y/N) questioned him with a frown plastered on her face. Estarossa sighed, "Same here, do you think she could be back there in Liones?" Estarossa asked her, though (Y/N) just shrugged and turned around towards the kitchen.

"Probably, but her most recent scent was here. Well, not here specifically, but near here." (Y/N) whispered. Entering the kitchen with Estarossa behind her with both of them glancing around and getting back outside feeling disappointment.

"My queen, if she is not in Liones or the Boar Hat with the traitor, then do you think she could have gone into the woods?" Estarossa asked her while pointing at the dark and gloomy woods. "Perhaps, do you think she went in there for the night to follow the sins since they wouldn't let her go with them?" (Y/N) questioned as she got closer to the woods. 

"Only one way to find out." Estarossa murmured and went inside with (Y/N) in tow. Dead twigs and leaves crunched under their footing as the moon illuminated the woods making it look like something bad was going to happen, which it might. Looking around (Y/N) whistled, "Elizabeth must be braver than I thought to stay here for a full night, thought she was a scaredy-cat or something." (Y/N) smiled.

As they walked some more she could feel Estarossa stop walking making her turn around with annoyance. "Come on, Estarossa. Don't tell me you're tired already-" Right in front of her was none other than Elizabeth's dead body, all bloody and bruised with mud covering her body.

Silence followed as a gush of wind passed them as if the Earth itself was laughing at their shock. No one moved, not (Y/N), not even Estarossa, no one. 

"W-What the fuck..." (Y/N) whispered. Slowly kneeling next to the dead body she pushed away a strand of silver hair, hoping that it was just someone with the same hair as her, but to her sadness, it was no one else but Elizabeth.

Hearing someone sit right next to her (Y/N) turned around and saw Estarossa inspecting the wounds. "They seemed to have happened about not even an hour ago. Though, look at these wounds, they seemed to have been done by a wide weapon of some sort with a few scratching here and there. Elizabeth must have been swept away from the mud from the storm earlier thus resulting in dry mud on her and small scratches littering her body." Estarossa stated and backed away from the dead Elizabeth with a calm face.