【Chapter 22】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The sun was barely peeking from the mountains as the sweet melody of birds singing calmed down the two figures who were riding their own separate horses. Holding the map tightly in her hand (Y/N) squinted her eyes once more before laying down on the horse's back and groaning.

"I can't find the town of kings anywhere!" (Y/N) complained. Glancing over at his queen Estarossa smiled sweetly. "My queen, would you like for me to see that map?" Estarossa asked the maddened female. Puffing her cheeks (Y/N) handed the paper map over to the smiling demon. 

"Good luck finding something there, I have been looking at it for a long time-"

"My queen, I found it!" Estarossa proclaimed happily, his eyes shining in excitement as he looked back at his queen. Feeling her eye twitch (Y/N) calmed herself and sighed, "Where is it, Estarossa?" (Y/N) questioned him as she pouted her lips. 

"Near the mountains and right by the river right... here!" Estarossa informed her as he pointed at the specific spot. Pulling her horse to be closer to his own (Y/N) peered over his arm and saw that there it was, the town of kings. 

"Oh, so when I try to find it doesn't work, but when you go ahead and try it you instantly find it!" (Y/N) complained as she already felt tired. Estarossa chuckled, "You did a wonderful job, my queen, so please don't tear yourself down because of it." Estarossa smiled at her as he looked back at the rocky road ahead. 

Looking at the calm Estarossa once more (Y/N) also looked back at the road as she began to guide both of them towards the town of kings.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ---- •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Um... I know that I've never been here and stuff, but this is completely different from what I originally imagined." Glancing over the deserted town the two could see stone temples surrounding the place as it guarding them against something, but whatever that something must have been the stone temples did not help.

The stone temples were rumored to be one of the most beautiful sights that were built around the first Holy War, but now it has all been pushed to the ground and broken leaving behind the reminisce of what once was a glimpse of what the humans always strove for. 

"I do have to say that I too imagined something more... magical." Estarossa commented as he took hold of the finger of a statue and grimaced. "Whatever came here really had no mercy at all, did it?" Estarossa whispered as he let go of the statue making a loud 'clunk' sound once landing on top of the ground.