【Chapter 14】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"Any sign of (Y/N)?" Inside a closed tavern stood a short blonde-haired male, his eyes serious. Merlin sighed as she shook her head. "I'm afraid not, Meliodas. Ban and Gowther have been asking around all the possible villages that (Y/N) could have gone off to but they still reported (Y/N) missing." Merlin answered him, her eyes having black circled underneath.

Meliodas sighed, walking towards the back of the counter, and poured himself another drink. "This is bad, with news that Camelot has been taken over by someone, and with Arthur allowing it, the kingdom of Liones has been on a frenzy." Meliodas chuckled nervously, lifting the cup to his lips, and swallowed its liquid.

Diane laughed, her eyes also having dark circles. "Oh, (Y/N). I wonder hows she's doing? Do you think she is okay, King?" Diane mumbled as her eyes looked down at a pendant that used to belong to the missing girl as it was shaped like a flower.

The short ginger-haired male looked tired as his hair was messier. "I don't know, Diane. Though I hope she is because if she isn't then I don't think I can keep my anger any longer." King chuckled, staring out the window as nothing but flat land could be seen for miles on end.

Hearing the front door open everyone turned their heads towards the two figures as they saw both Ban and Gowther standing there with irritated expressions. "Nothing, absolutely no leads of where she could be!" Ban exclaimed tiredly as he dramatically fell on the nearest table.

Gowther sat down near him as he looked down dejectedly. "Also nothing." Gowther groaned and placed his head on top of the table, his eyes actually showing emotion for once. Merlin heard this and sighed, "Escanor, did you also have no leads on where (Y/N) could be?" Merlin asked the tall ginger-haired male. The male had his usual cocky smile as he nodded making everyone's faces light up.

"Where, where is she?!" Diane asked Escanor in a loud voice. Escanor just looked down at the female as he gave her a happy smile. "There were signs of her being in the forbidden forest, there I saw multiple decaying monster bodies, and when I yelled out her name all the monsters that were nearby seemed to have run away in fear." Escanor informed everyone with a proud tone as he was the first one to actually find a lead on (Y/N).

"The forbidden forest? I know that she doesn't know about the world and how it is right now, but couldn't she actually feel the dark magic radiating from that place? Not that it bothers me or anything, but (Y/N) isn't that strong right now." Diane commented as her words, in the end, started to get weaker. Meliodas nodded as he stared at his hair covering his eyes.

"Your right. Escanor, could you figure out the type of magic used to kill those dead monsters?" Meliodas questioned him, on which Escanor let out a loud laugh. "Indeed, the magic that was used was dark magic, or demon magic if you will. The deeper I went into the forest the stronger I could feel the attacks were, to the point that it was getting close to your magic level, Meliodas." Escanor explained to him. 

Meliodas' face turned dark as he looked over at Escanor. "Are you sure?" He asked Escanor, his voice becoming deeper and his eyes becoming darker. Escanor nodded as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked down on Meliodas.

Merlin sat down on a seat and looked down on the cover of her book with saddened eyes. "A power that deeply resembles Meliodas' own... and with the mysterious person ruling over Camelot... Meliodas, do you think that maybe (Y/N)-" Before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by Meliodas and the others as they gave her a cold glare.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. There is no way that my precious (Y/N) could ever do anything to harm us." Meliodas snapped as he prepared to hit Merlin. The others, who heard this looked over at Meliodas with hate.

"Yours? Who said she was yours?" King asked Meliodas, though Meliodas just shrugged as a smirk played in his face. "She is, and she was every since we were young." Meliodas declared to the others as their hateful faces turned into ones of surprise.

"What do you mean, 'ever since you were young'? You mean to tell me that you guys knew each other ever since you were kids?!" Ban exclaimed as he slammed his fist onto the table, his glare more suffocating than ever.

Meliodas snickered, "What about Eliane? Haven't seen her in a while, you know? Isn't she supposed to be in the Fairy Kings forest?" Meliodas asked Ban in a mocking tone. Ban froze up as he looked away from Meliodas and sat down.

King, though was not done with their confusion and neither were the others. Meliodas noticed this and smiled at them innocently, "What's wrong?" Meliodas asked them, though his voice was nothing near sincere.

Before the others could snap out at the short blonde, Merlin held them back with a glare. "Right now isn't the time for such questions, right now we should be going to Camelot to get (Y/N) back because I think we all know that (Y/N) is the one behind this." Merlin stated and looked back at Merliodas.

"So? We go now or not?" Merlin asked him, though Meliodas just smiled at her and took a swig of his booze, the smell of alcohol strongly radiating from his body due to him drinking since morning. "Sure, though I think we might have to get Gilthunder. His lightning should be useful to us in the long run." Meliodas answered her but threw in a condition in the end.

Merlin sighed and nodded, "Sure, just now that he needs to do just his job and nothing else." Merlin stated sternly as he glared at Meliodas.

So, they decided to go and pay Liones a visit, and so their journey to the mystery commenced.

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)