Chapter 51: My brother's keeper

I stood outside of the Lockwood house with a list as long as my arm getting ready for the Miss Mystic Falls from Caroline

I stood outside of the Lockwood house with a list as long as my arm getting ready for the Miss Mystic Falls from Caroline. I rolled my eyes as I instructed people to set up things right. I watched as the ribbon was being hung up wrong. "Oh my god, for the last time, it has to swoop down, not just hang there like a rope," I said as the men turned and gave me a look. "What do we have a problem? Please explain it to me if we do." I said as they turned away and continued to hang the ribbon. "Thank you. Much better." I said as I walked out the door. I checked off some items on my list. I wasn't looking where I was going so. I must have missed a step or ran into something because I was tilting down. I didn't hit the grass because of the familiar arms that held me up. I looked up to see Klaus.

"Easy, Love. I don't want you to hurt yourself." He said as he fixed me so that I was on my feet upright again. "How did I know you were going to be at the helm of the ship?"

"I'm not. I am just helping Caroline." I said as I rechecked my list. "She is in charge, but I am just double-checking her stuff. She asked me to." I said as I turned to see come men bringing in a large, horrible blue rug. "Hey, stop. Where are you going with that?" I asked them.

"I was ordered for the event." The man in charge said, handing me the order sheet. I took it and looked it over, and no one sighed for it.

"No one ordered this, and it will clash with everything in there. Take it back." I said as I handed the man the paper.

"Look, girl, I was told to bring in the rug, and I am doing my job. So, you need to move." The man said as he stepped up to me.

"Who ordered it? If their name isn't Dawn or Caroline, you, sir, have the wrong address so take it back." I said as I stepped up to him as well. "The name at the top of this paper doesn't say either names, nor does it say the name of the owner of this house. So that leads me to believe you are confused or thieves trying to get away with something. I really hope that you are very confused." I said with a sweet smile. "If not," My smile quickly went away. "you are going to have a horrible day," I said as the man stepped back.

"It seems that we have the wrong house." He said as he looked behind me. "Sorry for the inconvenient." They said as they took the rug away and left.

"Does that happen a lot?" I turned to see Klaus.

"Only a few times. It happened a few years ago at another house." I said as I quickly texted Caroline about what just happened. "Did you need something?" I asked as I faced him.

"I was just wondering what time I should pick you up tomorrow." He asked as I rechecked the list.

"Never. I am not going to this thing tomorrow. I have a class project to do." I quickly lied.

"I know you're lying. You would never leave something unfinished. It would drive you crazy." He smiled at my lie. "I was promised a date in exchange for one of my hybrids."