Chapter 62 Pictures of you

I sat at the small table with the Michaelson siblings

I sat at the small table with the Michaelson siblings. I rolled my eyes as my phone went off again. I pulled it out to check who it was. Caroline has been texting me all morning about prom things. "Elijah, being human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters." Bex explained as I texted Caroline back.

"Well, that was poetic." Klaus chuckled.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please," Elijah interjected.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying." He said as he leaned on the tabletop. "He will torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so, he will break down the wall to the other side," I said from my spot next to him.

"So, it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate. I remember a time that I would have done anything to reunite with Dawn." He said as he placed his hand on my leg.

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Bex countered.

"Including our dear brothers Kol and Finn." Klaus reasoned. "We'll have our family back."

"Oh please, you hated Kol, and Finn spent most of his life in a box," Bex argued.

"Elijah, please make them shut up," I said from my seat as Caroline continued to text me more.

"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus," Elijah stated as a grin came to my face. I felt the grip on my leg tighten a bit. "I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness."

"Tell me you're joking," Klaus said as he slid his hand up my leg for comfort. "Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"I've made my decision," Elijah said.

I watched as Klaus's face fell. He then stood up from the chair and began to walk away. but he stopped at Bex's first. "When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." he then stormed off. I rolled my eyes as I stood up too.

"I'll deal with that," I said to the siblings. "Good luck, Bex," I said as I placed my hand on her shoulder. I left the room just as my phone went off again. I answered the call when I saw it was Caroline. "Yes, Care?" I said as I walked into Klaus' art studio. "You do know that even when you text me 20 times, it's the same as two."

"I am calling to make sure you are going to prom tonight." She said. I heard rustling in the background.

"Without Tyler, Jeremy, and the real emotional Elena, no way." I sat down on the chair that was in the room.

"Oh, come on, you should be there. It is your senior year, too." she tried to reason with me.

"You do remember I am, like, never at school. I am the one who gets dragged around the world because of Klaus." I said as I checked my nails. "I don't see prom in my future."