Chapter 53 O Come, All Ye Faithful

I check off the list of things I had to do for the charity that Mrs. Lockwood signed me up for. I checked in all of the artworks that were submitted. I instructed people to place them in the right spots as I checked them off. I turned around to find one of the hybrids showing a snowflake painting. "Where do you want this?" he asked. I pointed over to where the others that I haven't check yet were.

"Thank you," I said as I went over to the painting. I checked it over and then gave it to one of the men helping me.

///////////////////////////

"You know I heard from an annoying little birdy that you are planning to do something stupid," I said as I stepped in front of Tyler.

"Caroline told you about my plan?" he asked as he sighed.

"No, but I am happy that you won't lie to me about it," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Then how do you know if she didn't..." he then thought about it for a moment, and he shook his head. "I'm telling you right now."

"Yeah, I only guessed it because you can be a real dumbass," I said as he rolled his eyes. "And because I hear some of your conversation with Caroline. What are you even thinking?" I asked as he shrugged.

"The hybrids broke the sire bond. I need to do something that will help get them safe. The body-switching spell will work." He explained.

"By putting both you and him in a slab of concrete for who knows how long," I whispered and yelled at the same time.

"This started with me, D. I am their Alpha, and I will do anything to protect them." He said he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I know, Ty. But I don't want you to go." I sighed. "But you are doing the right thing." I hugged him like it was goodbye. "I have some stuff to do right now, but I will find you later before everything, okay?"

"Okay, D." He smiled as we parted ways. I felt some tears come to my eyes. I knew this wasn't going to end well. 

********************

I was staring at both my painting and the one I knew was Klaus'. I watched as one of the waiters walked past me with a tray of champagne glasses. I reached out and picked one up. The waiter looked at me with a smile. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, only to find Klaus behind me. "You look like you're having fun."

"Yup, the same charity every year, and there has new really been any new talent in here," I said as I took a sip out of my glass. "Expect this one." I pointed to the snowflake painting. "Yours, right?"

"Yes, what do you think?" He asked as he walked around one side of the table in between us. I stepped around the other side as I glanced around, looking at the other artworks. But none of them compared to mine or Klaus'.