Chapter 49 The Killer

I was walking around town after dropping off Jeremy at work

I was walking around town after dropping off Jeremy at work. I was thinking about buying new art supplies. I was about to walk into the only art store in town when my phone started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. I answered it when I saw who it was. "What do you want? I'm busy right now." I said as I stepped into the store to have a look around.

"Hello to you too, my love." He said through the phone. I rolled my eyes as I stepped up to the sales rack in the back of the store. I always start there before walking around for the good stuff. Just in case, there was a great deal. "I can't just call because I missed you."

"You have only been gone one night. How could you miss me this much already?"

"Habit. Anyways I have some news about our little hunter." He started as one of the stores, clerks that I knew really well came up to me.

"Oh, hold on," I said to Klaus as my friend came up to me.

"Hey, D. I haven't seen you in here for a while. I was afraid you found a new store to shop at." He said with his killer smile.

"Hey, Tony. Yeah, I have been busy with family stuff, so I haven't been in here a lot." I said as I hugged him a bit.

"Well, I think the store missed you," Tony said as he set his arm on the rack. "You are like one of the only people who come in here besides some of the teachers."

"Yeah, it hasn't changed a bit since I was here like weeks ago." I chuckled at him.

"Yeah, I guess it hasn't been that long." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"So, I actually have this important call that I am on right now. Can we talk later?" I smiled at his cuteness while pointing to my phone.

"Oh, yeah, go ahead. I just wanted to say hi." He said as he smiled warmly. "Boyfriend?"

"You could say that," I said as I could practically hear Klaus smirk. "But I wouldn't."

"Okay, then, I'll leave you alone." He said as he stepped away.

I rolled my eyes as I placed the phone back to my ear. "Shut up, Klaus."

"I didn't say anything." He smirked. "But you two seem close."

"Please, he has liked me since middle school. I am actually trendy around here." I heard a low growl and a large bang on the other side of the phone. "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?"

"Connor seems to have escaped." My blood ran cold at the statement. I felt the store get very heavy.

"What? How did he get out?" I gritted my teeth as I stepped out of the store so no one could eavesdrop. "That means he is running around free in town?"

"Yes, love. But I have Stefan on the case. But I just thought I would warn you." He said.

"That means he is going to go after Jer." I sighed as I looked over at the Grill where Jeremy and Matt were. "Next time, I will handle the restraints," I said as I hung up the phone. "Well, this is going to be fun."