Chapter 40 Break on through

I woke up to the empty bed that I have been used to for the past couple of days. I sighed as I felt my hand automatically reached out and rubbed my palm on the un-vacant spot next to me. I felt my body yearn for the missing person. I sighed as I turned around and picked up my vibrating phone. I checked the message and saw it was Damon. I unlocked my phone as I sat up in bed.

You are needed. Is all it said. I pushed the covers off my body and walked into the bathroom to take a shower and get dressed.

I just stepped out of the closet fully dressed when I heard the front door slam open and a few grunts

I just stepped out of the closet fully dressed when I heard the front door slam open and a few grunts. I walked out of the room and made my way down the stairs to see the Michaelson siblings, well three of them.

"Gather your witch. Let's get him blood and get on with it." Bex said as she stood over Finn with Klaus by her side.

"You can't force me to help you," Finn said as he laid on the floor. He shuttered as I stepped on the bottom step. He turned to me and I crossed my arms over my chest. "Dawn, you are on their side."

I rolled my eyes at the statement. "I'm on nobody's side. But real quick question; did you know that your mother linked me with the spell as well?"

"No, I didn't. I thought it was only with my siblings." He said as I stepped closer to him. "I only wanted to rid us of the abominations that we are. I never wanted to harm you."

"You're lucky, Finn, that I, unlike your siblings, believe you." I smiled at him.

"Anyways, Finn, I most likely could force you to help. But why force when I can persuade?" Klaus gestured up the stairs. I stepped out of the way as Finn looked up with surprise at the woman, he turned a thousand years ago, Sage. He stood up quickly wanting to close the distance between them quickly. They hugged upon meeting each other at the stairs. I smiled at the sight of them.

"What do you know? True love prevails." Bex said as she turned away from the happy couple.

"It does occasionally have its uses," Klaus says as he looks down at his phone.

"You make it sound like a bad thing," I said as he snapped his head up to look at me. "It's beautiful, actually," I said. He stepped towards me and rested his hand on my shoulders, pulling me to face him.

"Ours is, but others' is painful to watch." He said against my hair while I rolled my eyes and pushed him off me.

"I have something to do," Bex said as she rolled her eyes. "What do you need from me for this spell?"

"Your blood and your blessing. Where are you going?" He asked while turning to her.

"I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore." She taunted.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Ask Sage what he did to me." She said as she left. I glanced over to the happy couple then turned to leave.