CHAPTER 32

★Insert 32★

BILLY

I get home and I find Ava leaning against the fridge with a cup of coffee in her hand, and she looks like she's in deep thoughts I wonder what she's thinking about. I stand before her folding my arms and she doesn't seem to notice my presence.

“Yhey!” She startles and dropping the cup she had in her hand on the floor, at least it's half-empty.

“Jesus! What the fuck Dom!” She yells banging the table.

Me: “You were out of it. What's up?” She glances at me without even blinking clearly zoned out again “Ava!” She plummets again.

Her: “Father if God! Can you just stop doing that? You will wake Antonio up maarn.” She clicks her tongue annoyed.

Me: “You will feed him back to sleep. What's going on? You don't look okay. Is it Antonio?” She shakes her head. “Then what is it?”

Her: “I had visitors,”  she mumbles moving away from the fridge heading straight to the cupboard, I don't even know what she was looking for there, but she comes out with nothing. Women.

Me: “Visitors?”

Her: “Yeah, your ex-nanny was here with my mother, my mother-in-law. In fact, she brought everyone from my township here.”

Me: “What did they want? And why did the guards allow them in? Were they here to attack you?”

Her: “They came for me. They came to tell me that I'm still their daughter-in-law and I must come back home, and start playing my wifely duties to my ex-husband who divorced me and made sure that I'm left with nothing. Now, that they know that I can actually have kids it's about high time I give them their heir they deserve. They even accused me of preventing and shit. And as for the guards? I don't think you informed them that Vatiswa is no longer allowed to come here, and besides, Vatiswa still has the keys.”

Me: “That's bullshit! How dare they? Where were they all along?” I will also need to change the locks and tighten the security around here we can't have people coming here anytime they feel like it.”

Her: “I don't know, and I don't care. But what I do know is that I don't want to see them here ever again.”

Me: “I will see to it that they never set their feet here, I'll make sure of that.”

Her: “Good. Just don't kill them.”

Me: “I won't.” Yeah, right. I won't but one of them will land in the hospital.

Her: “Anyway, how was your day?”

Me: “I don't know how my day was.”

Her: “Why do I even bother with you?”

Me: “You tell me.”

Her: “Hungry?”

Me: “No. I'm eating out.”

Her: “Okay. Enjoy, ” she walks past me with a plate full of food. Her plate is too much for a woman, and the last time I checked she didn't know how to cook. She tried once and I had a runny tummy for 2 full weeks, yeses, even my cooking is better.

Me: “Ava?” I'm leaning against the door frame.

Her: “What Dom?” She's annoyed.

Me: “Don't wait up for me.”

Her: “I never do. I won't let my sleep go to waste waiting for a man? Hhayi no. Have fun.”

Me: “I will. Oh, and I brought you a phone I figured that you get bored sometimes, and you want to take pictures of Antonio.”