CHAPTER 22

LONDIWE

Steven invited Billy over for Sunday brunch, and a few of his business associates, and they were all ordered to bring dates with. I don't even know why he invited them because I'm not in the mood for people, I saw them enough to last me 10 years at my father's funeral yesterday, but I can't tell him that I don't want his friends moreover, I don't want to associate myself with their side chicks. I'm very much aware that they will not be coming with their wives, but mistresses. Their wives are forever going on vacations, the packs of being a housewife I don't think they care about their husbands infidelities though, as long as they give them money, and spoil them all is well. And as for me, I don't want to depend on a man, I prefer making my own my boss moves, and be my own boss. Steven giving me money it's a bonus, and he doesn't have a problem with me working, he's all for supporting women who make money for themselves.

We are going to have this brunch in our garden. Phindile our chef really went all out, this is actually my first time witnessing her cooking food this much most of the time she just cooks for me, and Steven sometimes Ariana if she came for a visit, such a loving woman she is. I get done setting the table thanks God its summer. The stretch tent will shade us very well with the help of the trees of course. I look at my work with a smile plastered on my face, and I'm impressed. My hands did the things, should I decide to resign as a lawyer I will definitely venture into interior design, because wawu ngiyanyisa

“Beautiful work my love,” Steven compliments giving me a kiss on my cheek.

“Thank you my love.”

Him: “Is the food ready?”

Me: “Yes, the food is ready including everything else.”

Him: “Except you.” I turn my head, and look at him. He looks so handsome in his 3piece suit, his hair is a little wet, and he smells heavenly. Urh, urh he went all out shame I wonder who he is trying to charm because he never wears like this, not even when we go out on dates, he doesn't put so much effort. Okay, my insecurities want to get the best out of me, and I don't want to cause unnecessary drama. Sighs.

Me: “I know, and I was on my way to freshen up before you came here. Let me go, and get ready before our guests arrive. You look handsome by the way,” he gives me a smile.

Him: “Pshhh, what? You mean with this old thing? Oh, no, my love it's nothing honestly, thank you for the compliment,” he fixes his tie. Old thing? How old is it because I don't remember seeing it? This is actually my first time seeing it. And it seems like he has forgotten that I'm the one who always packs our closet, not unless he just bought it.

Me: “It's my first time seeing it, you must've bought it today or yesterday because I did not see it in the closet Friday while I was busy packing, excuse me.” I slip out of his hug, and head straight to the house leaving him staring at the table, I'm sure he thought that I wouldn't notice.

“Londy!” That's Mel calling my name.

Me: “Bedroom.” If Steven was to find her here in our bedroom he will go frenzy, he doesn't like people coming here be it friends or family, he will tell you straight up that our bedroom is for the two of us not everyone, according to him that's disrespect. Next thing they will start telling you how to handle our bedroom matters, blah blah. I get where he is coming from though. The door opens, and she doesn't step inside.

Her: “I'm not coming in, better safe than sorry. How are you?” I laugh.

Me: “I'm well, thank you. How are you?”

Her: “I'm good babe.”

Me: “Has everyone arrived?”

Her: “Yes. And you won't believe it!”