Vol 8 Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Aloysius walked up the steps of the mountain, holding a giant tree over his shoulder, muttering to himself as he made his way up the steps.

He looked down at his feet, worrying about the situation, but continued on, looking up at where his home was.

He paused... And looked closer at the home, taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes, thinking.

Suddenly he sprinted away, bursting forward with short jumps of teleportation, closing the distance to his home, closer and closer.

As he made his way to the top, he paused, looking at the destruction. 

The house had been burned down, the crops destroyed, nothing left standing as he slowly walked forward.

He then heard a whimper to the side, and ran over, kneeling down as Hana tried to crawl along, bleeding from multiple places, the wounds too deep to recover from.

He picked her up in his arms, whispering soothing words as she whimpered in pain. He cradled her head, trying to make the end as peaceful and painless as possible.

She let out a soft yip, and he smiled.

Aloysius: Good girl...

He looked away, letting a single tear escape as he thought back to when he found her, when he gave her to Renata.

He then looked back, her eyes glazed over, and he stood up with her in his hands. 

A hoard of Grimm flew in, all heading towards the burning house, going to finish the job.

Suddenly, a pillar of rock, similar to the size of Beacon Tower slammed into the creatures, instantly killing them, and slamming into the ground, sending a giant shockwave towards Aloysius and Hana.

He sighed, before looking down at Hana.

Aloysius: We'll save her. If I lose her... The Demonic would surely take over.

With that, a lightning bolt hit him, and he was gone, as the shockwave rushed through, destroying his home.

From below, the Stranger looked up at the disappearing man, sighing. He grabbed onto the teal amulet, concentrating as he vanished.

A lone girl with black hair tied back into short pigtails was on her knees in the middle of a dim spotlight, slowly scrubbing a wooden floor. 

In the present day, Cinder scraped the claws of her Grimm hand against an airship seat to the same slow rhythm of the girl scrubbing the floor. 

Neopolitan was sitting in the seat, piloting the airship. Thunder rumbled, and red lightning illuminated the dark clouds ahead, revealing Monstra. Focused on the whale, Cinder moved to her right to stand between the pilot's and co-pilot's seats.

Cinder: There.

Neo looked at Cinder and then at the whale with a frown. The airship flew past Manticores and Teryxes, soon arriving at a landing bay within the whale's flesh. She landed the ship on the platform furthest to the left.

Some time later, Neo and Cinder walked up a set of bone stairs, leading to a large chamber. In the middle of this chamber, Salem was sitting on a throne made of bone.

Neo stopped and stared with her mouth slightly open, before walking forward to stand beside Cinder. She watched as Cinder knelt and placed her right hand to her chest.

Cinder: My queen.

Salem stood from her throne and turned to face Cinder.

Salem: Cinder.