Twelve

-Loki-

We are hiding once again as undead was chasing us, but we hid in another abandoned house. They are everywhere and seem more determined to get us. I peek outside to make sure it's safe before nodding to the others indicating that they're gone. For now at least. That's all we've been doing since we got onto this side, we run and hide and repeat again. I never thought where we were once before was just a little bit safer. I kept looking around making sure we weren't spotted, and that's honestly hard since the undead is everywhere. We have to keep hiding while we move down the streets and this place looks awful. I came over here to see if I can find more of my lost memories, but this place keeps getting more dangerous. So much has already gone wrong since we came over here. I mean, that incident where I had that urge to bite Savanna keeps coming back to me. I can still smell her scent even though she's not next to me, and it makes me realize just how much different I am from everyone. I always knew that, but now it's just more out in the open. I can't trust myself around anyone, especially Savanna since I have her scent now. I don't want to hurt anyone.

The undead almost acts differently over here as they seem to have more motivation to chase us. They are always out in the open and I don't know how, but I can tell how long each one of them has been dead. It seems like everyone on this side got attacked and turned before the other side. Is this where the outbreak started? I wonder as I try to recall any memories. I haven't gotten any new memories since we got over here and I was hoping that I would. I ran through that crack in the wall for a reason, and it has to be because I was trying to escape from this side. I have to be from here, but where was my house? Where was I turned? I don't think I was turned here if I ran to the other side as a human. So then the only memory I should get is where this all started from. Right? I don't know and it's frustrating not being able to remember anything.

"So where exactly are we suppose to be going?" Alex asks in a whisper.

I shrug as we are hiding behind a rusted car as I'm trying to look where we can go. I'm not sure, to be honest, but I don't want to just keep wandering around. It's too dangerous over here and I don't want anything happening to them. It's bad enough they know I had an urge to bite Savanna, but they don't seem to be worried about it. I don't get it! They shouldn't be okay with that! They should be afraid of me and not want to hang out with me anymore. Why do they keep sticking around me? I wonder confused. I'm a monster that's slowly going to turn into a full undead, and who knows how much time I have. Dr. Mitzbee even said that I would turn fully since my human blood would eventually die out. I don't want that to happen but I can't do anything to stop it either.

"Why don't we just go into that building for now and try to find some food. We are running low anyway." Savanna suggests.

We nod as everyone stood up and snuck over to the small abandoned diner. I fell back as I didn't want to be too close to Savanna or Alex, just in case. I feel awkward being around them now, but they don't seem to have a problem with it. Humans are confusing, which is weird to say since I used to be one. I shake my head from the thought as I can't think about that. I want my memories but I can never go back as a human being. They will never find a cure as it's impossible to find. Well, it's usually impossible anyway.

"This place smells terrible." Alex says looking around the small diner.

"Well of course it does, there are dead bodies everywhere." Savanna says scrunching up her nose in disgust.

"Let's just see if there's any good food left and get out of here." Alex says before walking towards the back.

"Agreed." Savanna says following him.

I stay where I am as I suddenly felt something familiar. It's not another memory coming along, no, this is something dangerous. I felt this before, in the sewers. It's that thing that attacked me! It's here somewhere watching us. I look around quickly and realized that it's in the back where Savanna and Alex are heading. I hate what I'm about to do. I thought as I ran towards them as fast as I can. My leg still hurts from the last time I was attacked, but I ignored it as I shove Alex and Savanna onto the ground. They both fell practically onto each other, but I didn't have time to react as that thing barge through the doors!