Twenty-Three

There are stalker zombies in test chambers.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

There was one but now all six chambers are filled with stalker zombies. I had a bad feeling that my father is creating an army, but the question is why? If all this was just an accident and he was just trying to make an elixir to help people, then why is he doing all of this? None of this makes any sense at all. I then heard a glass break and my head snap towards the sound. My eyes narrowed as my blood boiled in anger when I saw my father by the table. I stomp towards him before spinning him towards me, forcing him to look at me. When he's looking up at me he didn't say anything but just stared at me. I felt more angered by that so I threw him up against the wall making him groan out in pain. I held onto him by the collar of his shirt while giving him an icy glare.

"Did you come back to kill me?" He simply asks.

I wanted to say yes and wanted to say that I wanted answers first. Alas, I cannot though. I'm mute and I'm here with the others, and I don't want them seeing me kill my father. They might not fully trust me, but I don't want to lose all the trust that I managed to gain from them. I can't kill him. Not now. I have to be patient and wait until he gives us answers on why he spilled the toxic waste and how to clean it up.

"Ah yes, you're mute. I've forgotten." He says looking away but I knew he didn't forget.

I slam his head against the wall making him groan from the pain I caused him. I then point towards the test chambers trying to indicate what he's doing with them. He looks over where I'm pointing before looking back over at me with a raised eyebrow. I narrow my eyes at him as he's pissing me off, he's pretending to be confused but I know he knows what I'm indicting. I slam his head against the wall again before indicting towards the chambers again.

"So curious about something so dumb." He simply replies before continuing with, "Did you know that these zombies are mute as well?"

I raise an eyebrow in question as I didn't know where he was going with this. He just gave me a small smirk before pushing me away, and I let him as I'm curious about what he's going to say. I followed him as he gestures towards the test chambers with the stalker zombies inside unconscious. I glanced at them before looking back over to my father who's staring down at a piece of paper. I wanted to walk closer to him but didn't want to be too close.

"You may not know it, but I've been observing the zombies. Unlike you, I know there are others like you. There are the normal zombies and these zombies are like stalkers. But, unlike you and the stalker zombies, I've noticed that only one kind of zombies can speak. I'm sure you can guess which kind. The normal zombies are the only ones who have a language, and even though we can't understand it, it's still a language." He explains as he looks over at the unconscious stalker zombies.

I wanted to reply and ask my questions but like he said I can not speak. I'm forever mute and that's thanks to him. I clench my fists together as I walk over to the table before going to pick up the paper, but he picked it up first. I look up at him as he looks at the paper himself before looking over at me with a frown. I glare at him as he's pissing me off again and he must want to die by my hands.

"Jayden. I know I've done terrible things, and I know you're angry with me. But, you can't look at this paper. Not yet." He tells me with a strange look on his face.

I grit my teeth together in anger as I'm about to rip the paper from his hand when the door slam open again. I stop as he steps back from me. I turn around to see that everyone else caught up, and they look over at us before looking over at the test chambers. Dr. Mitsbee walks closer to them along with Mandy while Aaron stomps towards my father with an angry expression. I watch him as he grabs onto my father before he started yelling at him. Hank looks around the lab before glancing down at a few papers. I set my hands on the table as I try not to lose my cool since everyone is now in here. I still felt my blood boiling from anger, and all I want to do is punch my father to death. I want to make him pay. I want him to feel regret, but he probably doesn't know what that feels like.