𝟹𝟹

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ━━ hayley's favors and klaus's pain

 the new girlCHAPTER THIRTY THREE ━━ hayley's favors and klaus's pain

KLAUS MUST HAVE THOUGHT OF HER EVEN WHEN HE DIDN'T REMEMBER HER. Every time he picked up a hazel paint covered brush, his subconscious would tell him about caramel eyes that held a spark. Every time he heard a song, he thought of melodies he heard in Court of Count De Martel. Every time he smelled a lavender scent, he was taken back to the days Evangeline sang to him in the fields of those flowers while his head rested in her lap, his eyes admiring the beauty of the woman before him. He would have thought about her if he remembered, and it was a good thing that he didn't because no matter how much beauty and love he found in his time with her, these little things that reminded Klaus of Evangeline would be the reason of excruciating pain.

Pain of losing her. The pain of yelling her name desperately as she lay limp in his arms, feeding her his blood in hopes of bringing her back like he did to Lucien. Pain of accepting that the love of his life was dead.

Klaus wondered how he had managed  to erase her so easily, but he knew he had been doing himself a favor. It was easier to not remember how he destroyed her by loving her. Because he was a Mikaelson, and that's what they did. Everything they cared for, they turned to ash. Like Evangeline.

He could still feel it. He could still hear her heartbeat slowing down, fading away. He could still taste her lavender scent from that last kiss. He could still feel her wiping his tears away and whispering one last I love you.

It all came back at once. The memories, the laughter, the love, the mischief they caused together, the fights, the make ups and then lastly her death. He remembered Rebekah walking into the room and screaming when she saw her friend dead in the arms of her brother, rushing to her side as Klaus didn't dare move, his empty eyes staring no where while Rebekah fed Eva her blood.

It's too late. She's gone, Klaus had told her. Unlike him, Rebekah never cared what the world thought of her. She didn't care if they saw her as a vulnerable damsel or a vicious monster (even though she could be both, but most people rather saw her a badass who had demons resolved most of the time at least), she only cared about how she lived, how she loved, how she cared. And in that moment all she did was weep in her brother's arms. It was for hours they sat there until Elijah came in and convinced Rebekah to leave, because Father would be on his way.

Niklaus, let's go, Elijah said, but Klaus didn't budge. Then he remembered. A man came in, he had shining blue eyes and dressed as a servant, but something about him screamed divine and the way he walked gave the image of a soldier. There was hint of regret in his eyes when they went on Evangeline, then just like that his gaze went on the siblings like he carried no emotions, like he was simply there to finish a task. A mission.

You cannot know about her existence, He had said before raising his hand which released bright blue sparks of light. He disappeared then, he must have gone off to erase Evangeline from Kol and Finn's memories.