𝟹𝟿

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»————- act two. the girl and monsters
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE ━━ the family reunion

IN THE WHITE CANVAS BUILDING OF THE PUBLIC HOSPITAL, a young man sat on the cheap plastic chair provided in his room which was on the physiatrist level, staring out of the window forlornly

A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts as his psychiatrist, Dr. Colby, stood at the door holding a clipboard and a pen, with a young woman in her early twenties with red-fire hair stood by him. Both of them wore canvas white doctor coats.

"Cameron, meet Dr. Clarissa Midgrass. Youngest and brightest of her class, she's here to meet you especially," Dr. Colby said in his usual cheerful tone that annoyed Cameron to no end, the young man stared at them both expressionless before turning back to face the window and continue his brooding. The aged doctor frowned, he took a step towards his patient but Dr. Midgrass stopped him with a wave of her hand.

"I'll handle this," She told Colby with a sweet smile, "Would you mind if I have some time with my patient alone, Dr. Colby?"

"Why not, of course, work your magic, Doctor," Colby smiled reassuringly at her, he then turned to Cameron who still sat unbothered and pretending that the two doctors were not present there at all, "I'll see you later, Cameron," He told the boy who didn't answer yet again. Colby sighed before walking out of the door, closing it as he left, handing Dr. Midgrass his clipboard and pen on his way.

"So," Midgrass flipped through the clipboard, the notes on Cameron's condition, "How are you, Cameron?"

Cameron didn't answer.

Midgrass sighed, she rolled her eyes and threw the clipboard on Cameron's bed, which to no one's surprise was also canvas white, "A bit dramatic, don't you think?" She said with a lazy tone, one which didn't match her formal one which she used just a moment ago, her hands crossed across her chest.

"Dramatic? Rich coming from you," Cameron muttered, his forlorn expression exchanged with one which was of annoyance and anger, "I'd call destroying all the dinosaurs just because your dad didn't let you be Cain's wife as dramatic."

Midgrass sighed yet again, "I'm sorry I didn't show up sooner."

Cameron's nostrils flared, without's a moment's notice, he rose from the plastic chair with such force that it slid away from its initial position and hit the wall, "Sorry? Are you? I'm surprised I even got your attention after SIX. MONTHS." He seethed the last words on her face.

"I am incognito, if I restrained my grace too much, our dick of a brother would find me and drag our asses back home, is that what you want?!" Greengrass told him, her anger escaping in abundance, "While you played the monkey dance, I was hiding and looking for Isabelle! But apparently, you didn't care about-"