Chapter 1

A/N~I'd like to present to you the topic of Somnium, as stated by Macrobius, the Roman grammarian and philosopher (fl. c. 399-422 CE). He precisely categorized the dreams into enigmatic dream (somnium), prophetic vision (visio), the oracular dream (oraculum), nightmare (insomnium) and the apparition (visum).

Why am I sharing all these?
You'll get to know soon.

Happy Reading!

_________________________________________

"Finding you again"

(Narrator's POV)

Chilly white mists curled around the purple-foot hills of Kampilya, clothed in beautiful wood; welcoming the golden chariot of Sun God and its tawny horses that rose from the eastern horizon announcing the end of darkness and beginning of light.

A small ray of sunlight fell on the face of the renowned archer whose identity had shrunk to a poor Brahmin after an unexpected turn of events.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at his mother, an old lady in her late 50s with a few streaks of grey in her otherwise dull black hair. A few subtle wrinkles formed permanent lines but failed to overpower her moon-like charm. She was sleeping peacefully on an old rug while his brothers laid at her side.

To be more precise, the future Chakravartin Samrat lay at the rightmost with Pawanputra Bheem at the leftmost end. The charming twins of the late Madri slept close to the arms of their foster mother.

The youngest Kaunteya once more regarded his small family before standing up.

If his mother was the epitome of love and sacrifice his brothers held the title of being obedient and devoted. When their world was falling apart she was their only support; they too turned out to be disciplined like their father, they'd never let down any of her orders be it leaving behind the palace which was rightfully theirs or settling in the forest for the time being.

The wielder of thunder yawned silently and walked out of their small nichè which was situated in the isolated end of the forest.

His mind afresh with memories of his fading dream, his vision flowing with the flashes of a particular person, his heart dancing with a newfound rhythm.

He sat down and closed his eyes trying to reminisce everything he'd seen a little while ago.

His dream was a combination of visio and somnium. For it had left a trail of unknowns yet at the same time guided him to a new direction.

(Arjun's POV)

They say early morning dreams come true, but I was not sure if I wanted it to be real or not.

For a moment I was so drawn to the heavenly maiden who stood by the streams of jewelled rocks that I was ready to jump off the cliff for her. There was this odd sense of familiarity like I knew her for so long yet couldn't recognize her at all.

*

Her hair was pitch black like the night sky while her sun-kissed face had a pair of beautiful hazel eyes. There was something special about her, she didn't seem like some ordinary person who'd pop up in my dream and be easily forgotten.

She stood there like she was waiting for me this entire time. When I approached nearer, she was taken aback as if she imagined me a lifeless sculpture.

Finally, after she was done with her thorough inspection, she looked upto my eyes and a heavenly smile lit up her beautifully curved lips.

I was literally dying of her intense gaze and flawless features. How can someone be so perfect!