Chapter 2

A/N-This part is written from Narrator's POV and shall revolve on the decisions that are eventually going to change their destiny.

I'm again reminding you, I don't intend to hurt religious sentiments by writing this. This story is just for entertainment and I have taken the creative liberty to make some necessary changes.

Just a mild warning, don't read after the third picture if you feel uncomfortable with their closeness.

_________________________________________

Chapter 2
_________________________________________

"To erase the writings of Destiny"

The Almighty who had been watching it all from the heaven above was now a silent spectator. He witnessed the curse of Draupadi's previous life making its way through Kunti's orders, little could he do than hope for the order to be taken back.

"It is my order Arjun," her commanding tone turned to a whisper seeing the princess decked in jewels who stood beside her son, while the stone plate in her hand fell scattering its contents on the floor.

"Matashreeee," was all the proud archer could say, remembering not long back the room verberated with his voice which proudly stated how he'd won a valuable treasure.

It happened all too fast that the other sons of Pandu stood their flabbergasted for a moment, not knowing the right way to make things right. Draupadi's worried composure reflected a hint of panic while Dristadyumna who was seeing it all from the window wasted no more time to inform his father of this unexpected happening.

Draupadi walked away unnoticed as the Pandavas kept discussing the possible solutions with their mother.

Arjun turned to find the space behind him empty, he worriedly rushed through the wooden stairs to see his bride standing alone inspecting the 5 gemstones he'd given a while back.

"Rajkumari Draupadi", he called softly, his voice cracked but still her name sounded as beautiful as ever.

She looked back at his pleading eyes as he kept staring at her tear-stained face.
Fisting her hands, firmly holding her only hope, she started walking towards him.

The late afternoon sun shun on her dark skin covering her in shades of gold, while the breeze gently swept her veil of flowers to reveal her raven plaits, he couldn't help thinking how stunning she looked.

Her gaze shifted to his mother behind him, tears threatened to fall but Drupad Kanya was built to handle the harshest of situations.

"Unknowingly you've divided me amongst your five sons." She stated in a firm tone looking at Devi Kunti and other sons of Pandu who now stood behind them.

"I shall accept what destiny has planned for me, I will---"

Her sentence remained unfinished as the galloping of horse and blaring of a horn interrupted the peaceful silence of the forest, announcing the arrival of the king of this land.

"What did you say Draupadi ?" asked Drupad stepping down from his chariot with Dristadyumna at his side.

"Have these Brahmins decided to divide you? How did such a terrible thought stem in their minds ?!"

"We have no such intention your highness, we-- "
Arjun stepped closer in a hope to explain but he was rudely cut off by the arrogant king who'd assumed the duty of a possessive father.