Chapter 6 (Year 2)

A/N~Kindly read the disclaimer if you've got any problems with my story.

Incase you didn't notice Year 1 just ended ( Chapter 3, 4, 5 )

Now it's Year 2!

Begins with the fall of Autumn.

You may proceed.

_________________________________________

It had taken Yuddhistir an immeasurable amount of time, nearly a lunar year to reach the borderline that divided the realms of death and life.

No way could he now back away from the fear of death when it was him who chose it in the first place. He did have a choice to not follow the path lighted by the shell but he pursued it unquestionably and landed up here.

The wind blew the piles of ashes, the dead branches and raspy leaves creaked at his feet, clearing away his fears he sat under the only tree that was alive, its leaves were tinted deep crimson and its trunk a deep mahogany shade.

Sunlight drizzled from the sky above and trickled down the leaves gently illuminating the matted locks on his temple as he closed his eyes for meditating on his spiritual father

But soon he was interrupted by a grave voice, he opened his eyes to see the owner of the voice standing in front of him, an elderly sage clad in layers of dust and faded fabric.

"You don't look like you belong here, what brings you to this place ?" He asked stepping closer to Yuddhistir.

"Pardon me O'great sage but I came here to seek justice from the god of justice himself."

"And what makes you believe this is the place for that?"

Yuddhistir didn't expect anyone to question his actions or doubt his capabilities but this sage seemed a little too interested to know his intentions.
A wave of annoyance engulfed his mind but he let it pass off the next instant, not allowing any crease form on his unperturbed composure.

He took out the turquoise shell, the one that had led him to this place and without any hesitation placed it on the outstretched palm of the sage.

After a thorough observation he returned it to Yuddhistir, and questioned in his deep tone, "This precious treasure can sustain you for the rest of your life, why then O'noble one, why did you not sell it? Is your justice more valuable than this ?"

Yuddhistir considered that for a while before justifying his stance.

"This shell is the priceless blessing of Devi Yamuna, the revered twin of Yamraj, its value can't be compared with any material thing. On the other hand, what I seek is not any less important. I want to make amends for our ignorance and am searching for a solution for the unresolved curse of the Almighty."