Chapter 14 (Year 5 contd.)

A/N~ So here is the last chappie.

All the events took place at the same time i.e ranging from dusk's fall to the new moon night. That's why the chapter is named so. BTW how's the thumbnail?

Happy Reading! 🥰❤

"The new moon Night"

Arjun hopped from his horse, its white fur was glowing lively yellow under the setting sun

Arjun hopped from his horse, its white fur was glowing lively yellow under the setting sun. He had spent the last week driving away the fire-breathing dragon, Vritrasur from the fortress while his brothers had defeated Jaydrath and destroyed the last fortress, consequently killing Dushasan.

Arjun held the thunderbolt in his hand and made sure the seafoam veiled every part of its ivory surface.

He walked a few steps on the sand, with his gandiv in his right and that celestial weapon in his left hand. 'Enough of luring, it is time for facing.'

Just as he expected he heard a metallic clattering, it was Vritrasur's tail swishing against the wind. Arjun's silent footsteps were followed by hasty squishes on the sand as the dragon trudged forward with its brazen feet.

Gandhivdhari dropped the thunderbolt and stretched his bow. Then with quick precision, he shot flaming darts which multiplied into thousands before trapping the colossal dragon, Vritrasura.

"That shall keep you busy until dusk," he remarked but the dragon flapped its wings and charged towards him. He rode on his horse to escape from the fiery attacks, for he couldn't kill the dragon until dusk. In haste, he forgot the thunderbolt behind.

"I can't wait anymore. My brother is waiting for me to avenge his wrong-doers."

Duryodhan caressed the lifeless face of his brother. It has been a week since Dushasan has left his final breath but his last rites weren't done. Duryodhan still believed he could bring him back to life.

He unfurled the letter he had received from Panchal's Rajkumari a day back and read it once more to be sure he wasn't missing anything.

"...On the new moon night, dressed as a groom, seated on an exotic palanquin carried by Agastya and 7 great sages must you come. Only then will I marry you."